Something to look forward to

I can’t remember the last time I’ve been so happy. On Monday, I’ll be going in somewhere to finally try out the bass guitar. I’ve been wanting to play the bass for years at this point and I’m so excited that I’ll be learning it now. I already play an instrument, my grumpy woodwind, so it’ll be nice to have a new instrument for a change (give my poor lungs a break).

I’ve always loved the bass. I prefer deeper octaves than higher ones. And deep vibrations. It’s so soothing and I’m giddy as hell.
I probably will neglect my school work because of the bass, though. I know I’m going to overwork myself and practice way more than I should. Then suffer and complain from burn out then not know why I feel that way.

Kind of related, but I got more music for a recital with my current instrument. I finally understand the rhythm for one of the songs and now it’s actually fun to play because I know what the heck I’m doing.

1 Like

Hey wren_wyn,

That’s awesome to hear how excited you are about starting the bass guitar! It sounds like this has been a dream of yours for a long time, and it’s finally happening. The bass really has a unique allure with its deep, resonant vibrations—there’s something so grounding about those low tones.

It’s great that you’re already experienced with another instrument. That background will definitely help as you pick up the bass. Diving into a new musical challenge can be so refreshing and invigorating, especially when it’s something you’ve been passionate about.

Just a little reminder to pace yourself as you start this new musical journey. It’s easy to get caught up in the excitement and overdo it, especially when you’re having fun and the adrenaline is flowing. Try to balance your practice sessions with your school work and other responsibilities to avoid that burnout you mentioned. Maybe set specific times for bass practice that allow you to enjoy learning without neglecting other important tasks.

Also, congratulations on getting the hang of the rhythm for your recital piece on your current instrument! It’s great when everything clicks, and you can really start enjoying the music you’re playing. It sounds like you’re in a really good place musically, and I hope the bass brings even more joy and satisfaction into your life. Keep embracing your love for music, and enjoy every moment of this new chapter with the bass guitar!