State of mind

It’s very annoying to be controlled by a state of reality that doesn’t exist. I have been dealing with anxiety about everything since middle school and that was like 7 or 8 years ago. Whether it be school, relationships, just existing, or the future of my existence. I’ve dealt with suicidal thoughts since then as well, they haven’t really been with me the whole time, they’ll go from always present to dormant for a couple years. Luckily I’m goin through a dry spell with them but it gives me anxiety they’ll come back.

2 Likes

Hi @_noahyoung welcome to Heartsupport. I am really glad you are here.

Dealing with anxiety can be very frustrating, especially when you believe that it is unwarranted or it makes you feel out of control. I think that some anxiety serves us to help predict the future and make choices in the present to keep us safe, but when anxiety grows into a state that exceeds that need, it can feel incredibly overwhelming. Thank you so much for sharing your experience, I know others here will be comforted knowing it is not just them.

I hope today brings some joy to you, and that you are taking care of yourself. I appreciate you sharing and being here, a part of Heartsupport community. I look forward to hearing how you are doing :hrtlegolove: