Still sad but still progress!

My mental health has gotten a lot better from a few weeks ago, And I’ve started doing better in classes, The only bad news is that I think I have ADHD. I have most symptoms but I haven’t gotten it checked. But other than that, Progress has been made friends! Still suicidal but I have less thoughts, It feels like an amazing progress.

5 Likes

I’m so happy for you. Having ADHD isn’t that bad and it’s better to know it and be able to treat it than to not. I’m really happy that you have less suicidal thoughts. I hope the progress keeps going. :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you! It means a lot, I’ve never had anyone to talk to with this kind of stuff. I’m already thinking of getting a therapist and opening up to my parents about my mental health.

3 Likes

Those sound like great ideas. I wish you luck finding a therapist.

4 Likes

hi @Inferno !

i am SO incredibly proud of you for all of your progress in everything, including your grades, managing your suicidal thoughts, and even pursuing a diagnosis for the ADHD-like symptoms you’re facing. wishing you all the best in finding a professional who can diagnosis you and support you in this journey.

again, i am very happy for and proud of you for this incredible progress and can’t wait to hear more of your progress in the near future!

love,
twix

4 Likes

Hi Inferno,

WOW !! YOURE KILLING IT! I am so thrilled to hear that progress is being made!! Warms my soul <3. Wow, so incredible. I am so happy, to hear all this news, less thoughts around suicidality, discovering by yourself that you may have ADHD, and the only step left is to get it checked. Then, you’ll have a whole world of exploration, in self, in resources, in new communities even. There are so many possibilities! I encourage you and validate you. I am so happy, I hope you find a way to celebrate this milestone. I wonder what you would do… warmly, Dot.

5 Likes

@Inferno
Hey, Thank you for your wonderful post. I am so happy for you.
Your progress is amazing and you should be really proud of yourself, I know that everyone here is.
Please keep us informed as to how you are doing.
Much love
Lisa. :heart:

5 Likes

That’s wonderful to see you have made progress. Definitely sounds like you are moving in the right direction. Getting to a therapist or getting a diagnosis may very well be helpful, especially if you are in academic studies. If you are in college sometimes they have student services/accommodations too.

Hope your week goes excellently :slight_smile: /Mish

5 Likes

I am so stinking proud of you and the progress that you have made. It is not a small thing to improve your mental health. We all have days where we want to see more improvement, but it matters that you made the steps towards making it better…even if it is something small.

Some famous people in history, and even in the present day…there are famous people that have ADHD and they have done some amazing things. Emma Watson. Bill Gates. Justin Timberlake. The list goes on and on…I believe they will put you on a similar list.

Keep going.
Keep growing.
Keep learning.

5 Likes

Thank you! It means a lot that you care about my progress.

3 Likes

Dot, thank you so much! Its amazing that you care about my mental health!!

2 Likes

Lisaw, Thank you! It’s little progress but it’s still progress!

3 Likes

Thank you. I will keep going, I will keep growing and I will keep learning. Though I would like being on that list :grinning:

3 Likes

Sadly, I am not in college and getting to a therapist might be the only way out of this hell hole. :slight_smile:

1 Like

These are amazing steps and indeed such an important progress! Keep track of it and of the days when life feels easier and lighter. It will always be something to return to, as a reminder of the amazing things YOU are able to do, whenever you’d need it. :hrtlegolove: :hrtlovefist:

1 Like

It’s ok, you gotta do what is best for you, hoping your family can help support your health.

I definitely hope so too

1 Like