Stressing about college again

So I’ve decided I’m changing my degree again to a more basic one that’s just like take history and English- one that has no point but I’ll at least have something I guess for a way to transfer.

Right now I’m really stressing because I know I’m too far behind.

Yes, I have looked into getting help with these classes. The thing is I’m just too far behind and I know that as myself I am not going to have it in me to put in the amount of work that I need to to get caught up in these classes.

Right now I still don’t have a job. I have been applying and calling. No one can help me with this I know but it’s just really ridiculous. When I got my first job at McDonalds I wasn’t even good enough for Taco Bell- it’s just frustrating.

If there are any places that I can look into for working with art than please let me know. Right now I’m really desperate. I have 50 dollars in my account and I’m going off of a credit card at this point. If I don’t have a job like by next month I’m not going to be able to make my car payment, and right now I’m barely able to pay my insurance payment which I’m saving up for right now so I can pay it after I get back from my trip next week.

I skipped my appointments with people at college because I was just too tired to go, I butted out. I’m really tired and I don’t know what to do.

I’m feeling like I’m going to have to resort back to fast food and I am scared that it’s going to lead me down the same bad path I was at when I worked at McDonalds.

Once again- any kind of jobs related to art that you know of is appreciated. I’m only out of high school and I am in college but as you can see I have nothing to show for it right now except for a bunch of failures.

Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hey @Lyss! I can totally empathize with you. Last I checked, the average time a person changes their major is at least 3 times. I graduated high school in 2010 and didn’t end up getting my Bachelor’s Degree until 2016 because of how many times I changed schools/majors. However, I CAN say that once you have any degree/certificate in your hand, you’ll look back and not care about how long it took, because you can tell yourself “I did it” - no matter how long it took. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Definitely agree with @Eric it is not the time but the journey. Have you tried looking to see if there are any student worker positions on campus? There are usually different departments on campus that are always looking for students to help out. I would encourage you if you can reach out to various resources on campus and let them what is going on so that they can help you with classes and possibly finding a job. Keep hanging in there you got this.

2 Likes