Struggling with seizures and depression

Hey there… I’ve been struggling with seizures since last summer… I’ve lost my job, been unable to perform musically (I’m a professional musician), I’ve isolated myself from pretty much everyone (including my family), I’m at the point where my wife has said this has to get better or our marriage is over. I haven’t reached out to anyone seriously yet. I’ve felt too powerless too. I felt like nothing will get better. I’m really not sure what else to say. I just decided to start reaching out for help.

1 Like

Hey Alex,

Thank you so much for reaching out! I am sorry you are hurting so much right now. I can’t imagine how hard that would be to not be able to do what you love through no fault of your own. I’m sure you feel out of control at times. Have you seen a doctor about your seizures? Know that although it sometimes feels safer, isolating doesn’t help in the long run. So I am really glad you have taken the first step and reached out here. You are stronger than you think and hope is never lost even when all we can see is darkness. You are so much more than what has happened to you. You are so very loved and valued.

Hold Fast,
Hannah Rhodes

1 Like

Hi alexrogan,

I am so sorry that you were going through this. But I’m also so proud of you and happy that you decided to reach out to us. I know that you said you never have really reached out to anyone seriously before and so if this is your first step I am so so proud of you. I want you to know that this is it your fault. There’s nothing you did that made you deserve to have these seizures. It’s a medical condition that you have to live with and fight through. But I believe that there is hope for you. You say that you are afraid that nothing will work, but nothing will help. But you never know until you try. And I am encouraging you to reach out to more people go see a family doctor if you can maybe talk to some friends. Start reaching out because there is hope for you and there is help. Am I not take away the seizures but at least you might find a way to cope or you might find a really really great support systems that help you through these hard times. I want you to know that we are here for you whenever you need us. But you never know until you try. And I am encouraging you to reach out to more people go see a family doctor if you can maybe talk to some friends. Start reaching out because there is hope for you and there is help. It may not take away the seizures but at least you might find a way to cope or you might find a really really great support systems that help you through these hard times. I want you to know that we are here for you whenever you need us. Sending you so much love.

Cassie

I know you already got support, but in needed to tell you I am 18 and had seizures (epilepsy) since birth. It takes so much out of me, and I understand what your going through on the seizure front. Try finding a good neurologist I you town or city, and he/she will help you with the seizures. They might never go away but a neurologist can help them get better so you can live your life again.