Suicidal Thoughts Spoken Word Poem

My suicidal thoughts control me and bring me down. They weigh on me like a ton of bricks. Like bricks with cement. Bricks that can’t be lifted. They collapse my lungs. They make it hard to breathe. Breathe in breathe out. Breathe in. I can’t breathe. The weight. The weight of the world is like a ton of bricks. Like bricks with cement. Bricks that can’t be lifted. They make me crazy. Crazy me? The voices in my head keep telling me to end it all, but the voices. They don’t know that I’m drowning. I feel like I’m weighted down by a ton of bricks. Like bricks with cement. Bricks that can’t be lifted. They make it hard to breathe. Breathe in breathe out. Breathe in. bricks are tied to my ankles. They’re drowning me. I can’t breathe. Breathe in….

2 Likes

I wish you freedom from troubling and illusory thoughts.

1 Like

Hello Monkey, Beautiful Poem. Sometimes we need help to lift the bricks, when they are too heavy for us on our own. Peer support, and therapy are good places to try to find the help lifting them. Letting it out is a great relief for me personally. Which is what you are doing through your Poem! Thank you for sharing your feelings with us. If you ever need to talk more and are struggling. Don’t forget we are here! Hope you can feel a bit better. <3

1 Like

Monkey,
Picture me with a scuba air tank. I’ve come down here with you to help keep you breathing. That heavy load isn’t what we are meant to bear. But, it’s ok to feel that way. Just please try to focus on the fact that I care about you.

2 Likes