Sweating when it's cold

ive stayed in my bed for so long today. I only had pizza and water. I don’t even feel like gettting up again to use the bathroom. Yet my mom is still sending me messages like “you havent done any of your biology assignments” and “you only did one assignment last week” as if that will make me feel better. It only reminds me that she thinks there’s nothing wrong with me. I’m fine in her eyes, I’m just lazy. My cat pooped on my sister’s carpet since I was cleaning out her litter box to put more in. She still came in and told me to take the dirty litter out now. At 8 or 9 pm. I felt so weak from staying in bed. My head hurts. I stayed up a bit since I wasn’t tired until 6 am and woke up at 6 pm. I keep sweating while it’s cold. I got a notice that I’ll even be starting back up on shark week in a few days. I know where my medication is now but I have motivation to take it. “There’s nothing wrong with you.”

4 Likes

Hey friend,
This sounds like depression. Also, I know how staying in bed can cause even more depression, lack in motivation, and keep us from feeling better. I’d like to encourage you to take a shower, eat some healthy food, drink water, take your medication and step outside. Whether its light or dark, get the fresh air, open a window. If its too cold, do it in the daytime. Our minds and bodies are so connected that when we feel bad emotionally, all of our body can suffer in the process. I get it, I do. I hit these pockets of depression that can last a week, sometimes less or more. The things that help me break out of that most are the very things listed: showering, eating healthy, water, meds. What also helps me is talking to someone, whether that be here in this forum or a close friend. You are making great steps in acknowledging the lack of motivation and sharing about this all here. I believe in you, we believe in you. Lets work on some ways to get you in a better place so that doing your school work will be easier and help relieve some of that tension with your parents. You are loved, hang in there, you’re not alone.

3 Likes

Hey friend,

I’m sorry you’re still having a hard time finding understanding from mom. That’s rough.

I can echo Stafflower in relation to depression and how it can just bog you down from all motivation and energy to do the things you need or want to do. There have been so many times I’ve been in that same place. You are not alone. And I’m sorry your mom has a hard time seeing that.

We see you.

Have you joined the discord yet so that you can come hang out and be a part of us? And are you on twitch so you can be a part of us there when the boys go live? I think it’s important to gather together so that we can encourage one another and spend a little time together, especially right now.

Discord: https://discord.gg/YjtEuA

Sometimes it’s helpful just to hang with people who can understand. And sometimes it helps just to be heard. Maybe if you can come hang out with us that can help give some motivation to do some of these things you need to do.

Hey, your feelings matter. You deserve to be heard. We see you. We hear you. We care

• Kitty
3 Likes

Dominion,

My heart hurts for you. I can’t imagine what it’s like living in a house where you are in so much pain, but because it’s not physical your mom doesn’t have any sympathy for you. It feels like there is this ache in your soul that only you can see and feel. It weighs you down and keeps you in bed, it tells you that everything you do is wrong so why should you try, it makes your head spin and causes your body to stay paralyzed even when you want to get up and do something.

I’m so sorry that you’re going through this, and I want to remind you of the truth. You are not just lazy. It sounds like you have some mental health struggles going on, and those are real and can cause a lot of tiredness, lack of motivation and pain. I encourage you to try to take your medicine today and everyday. Even if that is the only thing you do that day. I hope that you can find joy in the small things that you do.

I’m praying that your mom starts to see the real you, which is someone who is hurt but is still trying, someone who needs and deserves love.

Hold fast

2 Likes

@Dominion

Are you doing okay?

2 Likes

@Dominion

I don’t know what it’s like but I think If you talked to your mom about it things could get a little bit better. Maybe she can help you or make things better. I’m not an expert, but I just want you to be able to get over this obstacle.

1 Like

No. She still hasn’t talked to me and she stole one of my bottles of medication. Since she knows that I wasnt taking showers because of her and I was eating less so i can only go to the bathroom once a day. I dont even think she notices that but she still stole my medication.

1 Like

No. I tried that. She just yelled at me and brough up her own past as ammunition against what I was saying. While pulling out every insult in the book. She won’t learn anything from anyone fucking talking to her. Since she wants to stay this way.

@Dominion

I’m sorry.