Thank you :)

its been 3 weeks since i was depressed, yesterday i had a mental breakdown because im always overthinking things and always end up to be right or dumb … today is worst , i start biting my fingernails , my mom start saying i should stop following my little sister , i told her i always bite my nails she just going to say i dont ask if she dont always see me biting my nails … she worship my little sister she never wrong in her eyes , i can finally accept that my mom doesnt love or care about me … im not doing this for her im doing this for me now … im gonna go to college & be what i wanna be , she will never get in the way of that . i made a promise to myself that i will never try to harm myself again .

3 Likes

Hey @kennedy,

Thank you so much for sharing. It takes a lot of strength to do that. :hrtlegolove:

I’m so sorry your mom makes you feel like she doesn’t love you. Also that she behaves differently with you and your sister. I know being in this kind of situation can be very painful and you don’t deserve that. But despite her attitude, I want you to know that there is nothing wrong with you. And you have all the right to feel loved and cared for. Just like you have the right to live the life you want and be who you want to be. There’s so much strength through your words. So much resilience and perseverance. I deeply respect that.

Be gentle with yourself friend. And please never hesitate to reach out. Recovering from self harm can be tough, but it’s worth it. Just take it easy, one day after another. I believe in you. And you have a community of people ready to encourage you through this. You’re not alone. :hrtlegolove:

I hope the last couple of days has been good to you. Hope you managed to rest and recover from this breakdown.

You are loved. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

@kennedy I am saddened to hear that your mother is unfairly treating you in comparison to your little sister. Family relationships are very hard sometimes. If your mom is mistreating you, please remember that that is a flaw in your mom and not in you. You are equally as worthy of love. You are equally as amazing. You matter just as you are! I don’t know your family but I’m sure that your mom does love you even if she is showing it unfairly.
I am happy to hear that you are living your life for you! That is awesome! Your dedication to being your whole self no matter how you are treated, along with your dedication to release yourself from self harm is amazing. Keep it up! Best wishes for you and I know your future holds great things

1 Like