Thanks-for-sharing-i-ve-had-major-bouts-of-depress - 2117

This is a topic from INSTAGRAM. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on Instagram.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/34046
Thanks for sharing. I’ve had major bouts of depression and suicidal ideation through some personal and professional struggles. It’s powerful to see people with a reach and voice like yours advocating for real conversations about these issues

1 Like

@radio_ray I’m so so proud of you for being here and for sharing your struggle here. Thank you for being here. You matter tremendously

1 Like

Yes, it is really comforting and encouraging to have the possibility to be open about our mental health, and to simply share about things that are difficult to us personally. Struggles like suicidal thoughts and depression are to often overlooked or completely dismissed while it is a significant part of the life of many. I’m glad that the content provided here can potentially lift you up or encourage you in some way! Taylor and Spencer (who is editing these videos) are doing such an amazing job.

I’m sorry though that you’ve been hitting such lows in your life. Having battled with suicidal ideation for years, I understand how difficult it can be not only to accept that it can be part of our experiences, but also to find spaces where it is possible to talk about it. Too often there is this stigma attached to depression and suicidal thoughts, as well as a lot of fears associated with it. Just this idea that talking about it could be dangerous is something I never really understood. Isolation is not safe, and the more we can bring light on these struggles, the stronger we’ll become in fighting together. No one deserves to deal with it just on their own, especially as we are not alone facing these hardships.

I am so very thankful that you are here today and that you didn’t let these thoughts take the best of you. It must have been quite a journey for you and there is no doubt that you have persevered through some very rough patches over time. When you feel stuck in dark places of your own mind, it can be difficult to consider that there is hope, that we have resources within to bounce back, that it is okay to also ask for help and for as long as we need. Being here today is such a beautiful expression of your resilience and strength through all of it. And even more, being your authentic self by sharing this is truly inspiring.

I hope that you make sure to get the support you need and use all the resources available to you if you feel hopeless at times or completely stuck in a place you don’t want to be. If you ever need a place to talk openly and share what’s on your heart without needing any filter, the heartsupport’s online forum and these comments sections will always be a safe place for it. You are not alone in what you are facing my friend, and you will keep moving towards healing, peace, closure. You got this. I wholeheartedly believe in you.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.