The hardest part about learning to recover(some advice for recovery)

Unfortunately, this isn’t want anyone wants to hear but this is what most people need to hear.
Recovery from anything is a long challenging road but the light at the end of the tunnel gets brighter and brighter each day. One of the hardest things I had to learn to do was take accountability for my actions. Actions speak louder than words and with that people make promises good people keep the promises. We’ve all fucked up, there is no way around that. You lied to your family about your addictions to drugs or you’ve lied about self harm/self sabotage. If you get asked there is no reason to lie about it, and if you did then tell the truth. That is a long road that takes time and effort. You can’t change if you don’t want to, much like you can’t teach someone who doesn’t want to learn.

Keep up your path to recovery, we’re all proud of you.

I would have to agree with you in some sense. I think the most important thing is recovery is different for every person, and what worked for you, may not work for the next person. What is working for one person, let it work for them, even if you don’t agree with it, as long as it’s helping their recovery and isn’t self sabotaging them.

Actions do speak louder than words for sure. And sometimes you have to make decisions, that people don’t always agree with in order to help your recovery. But at the end of the day it’s worth it. It’s worth losing friends, getting blocked, or being shunned by family members to get where you want to be in your recovery!

Good luck out there!