The things I just need to accept

Heyyooo Heart :heart: Support, it’s been a while since I’ve really come back to this amazing community. Since my last post I took all of your wonderful advise and my life has gotten so much better. My parents still act the same way but I’ve got so many wonderful friends at school. It a while to break away from my old group but now I feel so much better.

I think I’m just trying to come to terms with the things I did to myself and others that will stay with me for the rest of my life. Things like my broken relationship with my parents, the amount of scars on my arm, etc. Most days I wish I could talk openly with my parents about my depression, my self harm or my insomnia cause though I feel so much better it’ll always be a constant struggle and the people who are supposed to be closest to my are getting further and further away. Though I have new amazing friends don’t feel like I can open up to them to that extent just yet and I’m just consult looking in circles for someone to open up to.

I don’t know who I can trust or I don’t even know if I can trust another person the amount of people who have broken my trust has made me extremely hesitant to start trusting other again. Do you guys have any advice, and thanks for always being a community and can always trust and really on. Thanks :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Hey Eli,

First I want to say welcome back. I’m so glad that things are semi looking up for you. I want you to know that we love and care about you and you are welcome and wanted here. Your story matters, and you matter. So don’t ever feel like you can’t come back here and open up, you’re always welcome here.

As far as having a bad relationship with your parents, that’s hard and something that I’ve struggled with a lot. In all reality there’s a lot that my parents don’t know, and while that’s not great, it just has to be that way because I know that they wouldn’t understand and it would only make things worse. So know that you are not alone in that.

Friendships are hard. Knowing what to say, how to say it, or if you should even say it is a struggle. And I’m sorry that you are in the midst of that right now. Building trust is really really hard. And for me it takes a long while for me to build that trust with someone. A few things I can encourage you to do is 1, only open up when you feel ready and you trust them. 2, when that time comes choose one or two people to confide in rather than the entire group. 3, just be yourself and be honest.

No matter how cliche it may be, if they are true friends they will stick around. And I know it’s said all the time, but in this moment I’ve seen this deem to be true in many many situations. So just kind of trust your gut, make sure those friendships are strong, and stick to smaller groups of 1 or 2.

Know that you are so so loved, your life matters, and you are wanted. Please don’t ever give up or feel like you’re a burden or too much! I hope that I can hear more about your journey, and we will be here with you along the way.

Hold Fast, You’re Worth It!

Love Always,
Monkey

1 Like