The time itself that was lost can really mess with

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist and Vocalist Analyze In The End By Linkin Park
The time itself that was lost can really mess with one’s mind. I spent 13 years in a career that I loved but could no longer do. I lost a lot along the way to get there, and in the end that was all I had, and I lost that as well. I’m in my 40s and starting from scratch. I’ll never get that time back.

1 Like

I worked 18 years job i tought i love but it made me miserable so much i could not make myself to wake up in the morning and got to that job. So like you , who ever you are i wish all the best comming your way, im in same shoes with 39 years starting from zero. Now im little bit of nervous bc i dont know what awaits me. Good luck

Hey my friend. Thank you so much for commenting on Youtube, especially to this song. This song always takes me back to being 15 on my school bus with a walkman. It’s always a track that forces me to sort of reflect by taking me back to a specific time and it seems like to some degree it does that for you. And Im grateful for the opportunity to reply to you.

It sounds like you’re having a rough time, you express how you’ve put so much of your life into a career - perhaps even making large sacrifices along the way. And now that the career has ended, you’re left wondering what the whole point was. Why go through all of that just to be left all alone.

I can only imagine that is a difficult feeling. Perhaps it feels empty, sort of nihilistic. Like nothing really matters because it ends. Or perhaps it just induces a fear of the future or a fear of starting anything new. Because perhaps it all just goes away again.

I’ve lost a lot of time. About a decade worth. But from a different sort of angle than yourself. I’ve always lived with this sort of fear and for many years of my life, I didn’t do much or try much because I was scared of wasting time. I dropped out of college despite being bright and capable. I never committed to many jobs or sought to do more with my life.

All so i could protect myself from losing it all.

Somebody once told me though - time’s going to pass. So you might as well try things. If something ends, if times change, if a partner leaves or a career changes, at least you got those experiences. At least you put in an effort. At least you can say you did the thing.

And that’s given me some level of solace over the years. As I now turn to try and write a fantasy novel that I told myself for years was a complete waste of my time, i always have to remind myself that the time has been passing. That I might as well do things now that I love and enjoy. I lost 10 years of my life to fear. I dont want to do that again.

Im appreciative of all the things I got to do, and all the people I’ve met. But i do genuinely want to live. Because I’ve seen it all go by in the blink of an eye. I know how fast it disappears.

Similar to what you said - I’ll never get that time back. Perhaps there were experiences, highlights, and moments that you’re grateful for. Lessons that you learned. Things that have made you a better person. So that now you can continue on.

I may be way off base. But i do appreciate having a moment to connect with you and talk. I hope there was something in this novel of a post that resonates with you. We appreciate you. Please take care of yourself my friend.