Therapist Analyzes Papa Roach - Last Resort

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9eCrkb10nQ

Therapist analyzes the lyrics of Last Resort by Papa Roach to help individuals understand the mindset of suicidal people as well as encourage those with suicidal thoughts to take one last try toward healing by reaching out for support. Suicidal thoughts tell us that there are no other options for us, but the truth is if you reach out you might find new possibilities.

1 Like

Song recommendation: Strapping Young Lad - Detox

1 Like

Alice In Chains ~ Dirt “super dark song”
Alice In Chains ~ Sickman
Alice In Chains ~ Nutshell
Taproot ~ Poem
A Pale Horse Named Death ~ Die Alone “freaking awesome song”

1 Like

Therapist, I’m sorry about the friend you lost. You’re an inspiration to many lost souls who listen to you. God bless you for the good work you do.

1 Like

In my darkest hour by megadeth🙏

1 Like

I stumbled upon your videos two days ago, and I really like these reactions to metal songs, it made me think about changing stuff in my life… so a big Thank You! from here. I would really like if you would react to some Pantera. They are my favorite band, and the pioneers of groove metal which is commonly about personal struggles. Some songs from Pantera (that I can somewhat relate to): Cemetery Gates, I’m Broken, The Sleep, Revolution is my name.

1 Like

Hey! Great reaction! You should also check out FIR’s cover of this- probably not so much point doing another reaction for what is effectively the same song, but its interesting to hear a completely different style on the same lyrics!

1 Like

I have two Song Recommendations for reaction “Ghost” by Badflower and “Suicide Letter” by Skippy, both have really strong meanings

1 Like

Please check out Falling In Reverse’s re-imagined version of this song!

1 Like

Had a feeling youd get around to this one lol

Papa Roach is my favorite band, so heres the story behind last resort

Jacoby, the singer, wrote it about a childhood friend of his, named Mark Parham.

Jacoby and Mark had a rough upbringing, both used drugs + alcohol quite heavily

Eventually the drugs sent Mark into depressive spiral, eventually leading to him attempting suicide.

Mark went to treatment, got sober, came back, and jacoby felt like he couldn’t relate to who mark had become bc jacoby was still very much in that world of addiction

The song is about Marks downward spiral through the eyes of jacoby, who felt responsible for the whole thing because he was the one who introduced drugs to the situation

Years later jacoby eventually had his own issues with depression and suicidal tendencies, as such he says the song took on a new meaning for him at that time

Today Mark and Jacoby are both alive and well, got sober, and have families

1 Like

Check out skillet - monster

1 Like

Some of the songs that have helped me in my darker moments, maybe they can help some of yall too -

Korn - Daddy (that one can be tough to listen too. Very graphic)
Deftones - Sextape
Flyleaf - Im so sick
Alice in chains - rain when i die
Alice in chains - down in a hole
Papa roach - lifeline
Linkin park - powerless
Audioslave - i am the highway
Led Zeppelin - Gallows pole

1 Like

Please listen to Pantera’s cemetery Gates.

1 Like

keep up the amazing work. more papa roach is definitely needed - infest, between angels and insects, broken home, dead cell, blood brothers, born with nothing die with everything, getting away with murder, scars, to be loved, alive(n’ out of control), forever, hollywood whore, i almost told you that i loved you, lifeline, burn, kick in the teeth, still swingin’, where did the angels go, wish you never met me, give me back my life, leader of the broken hearts, face everything and rise, falling apart, gravity, crooked teeth, my medication, born for greatness, american dreams, help, none of the above, you’re not the only one, who do you trust?, elevate, come around, kill the noise

1 Like

I had a very rough experience decades back when my first girlfriend broke up with me.
I turned to the bottle for a short period of time and during one of my binges, I ended up in a very dark place- I’ll spare you the details, as I don’t want to challenge the community guidlines.
After a few hours, a surge af anger overwhelmed me, I stood up screaming “F* this! I’ll never do it- for noone!”.
It took me 15 years to taste alcohol again and I composed a song for the matter, which functioned as a catalyst to accept the siuation and move on.
I am curious about your take on the matter… can an emotion, usually seen as a negative one, be actually beneficial?
To me, it resembles the controlled burning used to control wildfires. Succumb in a healthy way, so to speak.
Honestly though, if not for the music, I don’t know where I’d be right now, or if I would be at all…

1 Like

You’ve got to do the new Nothing More song If It Doesn’t Hurt

1 Like

Here are a couple other songs around the same situation as last resort. Avenged sevenfold’s victim and fiction and mudvayne’s IMN

1 Like

Please check out Blink 182 - Adam’s song

1 Like

You have to dig into Wage War. A few of my favorite tracks, Stitch, Don’t Let Me Fade Away, High Horse among many more.

1 Like

This song/album is one of the few reasons I’m still here

1 Like