Therapist can't get enough of BRING ME THE HORIZON

This topic represents a Youtube video that was created by Heartsupport and where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• → You can’t reply on this post. If you want to comment, check out Heartsupport on Youtube instead! Replies posted here are from users who commented on Youtube.
  • → When a Youtube user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.
1 Like

I’m beggin you to stay, my darkside won today…

1 Like

Need an Invent Animate reaction soon

1 Like

I like the imagery used for this video: pop-ups and error messages. Just like a computer virus makes the system malfunction and do things out of your control, it can feel quite the same with mental health issues. They distract you from the things that matter most and make it so difficult to perform the simplest of tasks. Sometimes you need professional help to make your system function in a healthy way again.
If you’re struggling, please don’t pull the plug. There is help to be found.

1 Like

I may have missed it in your already posted videos, but you should do falling in reverse, the lyrics and hard rock really is like therapy for me, not to mention The relatable addiction themes and inner demons :sweat_smile:

1 Like

There lyrics blow me away. His voice blows me away. I was this excited too. Not guna lie. And not even a little embarrassed :joy:
Ive suffered with mental health issues for so long i can’t remember not feeling this way. I mean i havevmy good days. But always end up bk down there. PTSD, anxiety, constant physical pain and depression is ALOT to deal with

I love the excitement in her voice. I feel the exact same whenever they drop a new song

Happy Song could be an good example of react.

It’s probably a good thing you didn’t listen on the train, you would have knocked someone out! :joy:

Oli is so precious, he is the perfect lyricist, he’s lyrics are always so deep and relatable, like he knows exactly what people need to hear. Plus, his voice is pure heaven. I’m addicted :heart:

1 Like

sometimes i find it concerning how oli can write up such lyrics. i get that he went through a lot of things with his addiction. but i just wonder if he’s struggling with anything else right now. id love to say that the vlogs are really showing that he’s having fun and a good time (everyone in the band really,) but i know sometimes that depression is not something that shows on the surface. so im just hoping hes okay.

1 Like

And need help #helpsupport

1 Like

I wouldn’t have thought that a band other than Linkin Park could capture my emotional world so well. But Bring me the Horizon really described my thoughts with this song very well.

1 Like

They’re called excavators haha :rofl: I loved this reaction. I am a 2nd year student of applied psychology and I love your analogy of depression feeling like being buried alive. It’s a great way to make sense of how you need to approach recovery :smiley:

1 Like

I’m complicated with my friend who never loved me last I saw her from our friend’s birthday party I wish I wanted to marry her but I’m very shocked about she got engaged to her boyfriend and I didn’t know that but how’s happened and I’m so crying all by myself that she bitched me and I decided I will never see her again and I’m done her

1 Like

This is about Olis addiction, not a general depression. Oli has had a long history with abuse and addiction and a lot of their music revolves around that

1 Like

I think youd love citizen soilder they write so many awesome songs about mental health. Id love to see some react videos with their music.

1 Like

everytime i listen to this song always got me on the edge ffs😭

1 Like

Music like this REALLY fucks with my head emotionally. Because I can’t tell if it’s reassuring and comforting OR if I’m feeding off of their demons and fuelling my own darkness. I always wonder too what this kind of music will be for me if ever I did get myself into a good mental state, if these songs about s*icide (such as Better Off Dead by Sleeping With Sirens) serve any purpose later down the line.

1 Like

You’re amazing. I really enjoyed your commentary and breakdown of the lyrics.

1 Like