Therapist Engulfed In Flames - Only For The Weak

There’s so many good in flames songs

Come Clarity song or any song from the Come Clarity or Sense of Purpose album

Off my fav In Flames album :heart:. This whole album could be covered for mental health to be honest.

listen to good god by korn

hi there :smiley: Greetings from Norway btw :slight_smile: please check out an 18 year old local ( Norwegian band’s) song https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cigdkPqoRGI I beg you please let me know what you think / feel … I grew up on this band

YES!!!
In Flames

@HeartSupport I saw these guys live for the first time when they were on Gigantour with Megadeth and Children Of Bodom in 2008. My jaw was practically on the floor the entire time they were on that stage. Their music is so melodic and catchy and they had an amazing stage show on top of that. 16 years and 5 concerts, later and these guys are without a doubt one of my favorite bands of all time. They are one of those bands that can change their sound with every album. One of my favorites is the album Sound of a Playground Fading. Specifically the song “Fear is the Weakness.” This song helped me through a lot.

At the time this specific album came out, my older brother, who was only 19 at the time, was in and out of ICU battling severe leukemia. Chemo, blood transfers, everything under the sun. After some time fighting, he was finally cured through a bone marrow transplant provided by me. Just several months later, he relapsed and had to go back. This time with unfortunate results. This caused a lot of stress and practically fractured our family. My other older brother and sister moved away. My mom and dad split up practically leaving me and my younger brother almost homeless with my mother so we moved into my Dad’s parent’s house. My grandparents did everything they could for us three. Then almost a year to the day that my brother passed, my grandfather passed. As much as that total of MAYBE 2 years was the darkest time of my life. The family IS all back together and all living somewhat near one another. Mom and Dad are back together and we see the rest of the family on the holidays. But during the dark times, mainly listening to In Flames, Slipknot, Lamb of God, Alice in Chains, and Avenged Sevenfold, is what got me through.

So with that being said I had just a few suggestion for some songs that mean a lot to me.
In Flames - Fear Is The Weakness, Ropes, or Come Clarity
Alice in Chains - Down in A Hold, Nutshell, Heaven Beside You
Lamb Of God - Walk With Me in Hell, King Me, Blacken the Cursed Sun
Avenged Sevenfold - I Won’t See You Tonight Pts. 1&2 (These songs were written about suicide. Pt.1 is from the POV of the struggling individual and Pt.2 is from the POV of everyone else.)

your breakdown of just finally accepting that people are gonna think whatever they think. And so much energy can be wasted just trying to prove yoursef. Let go of that weight. Free yourself, so you can become a better you.

This song and take this life were the two main in flames songs that saved my life as a teenager. I went through so much trauma and abuse as a child, and bands like In Flames really stood out to me as something to hang onto. There are so many lyrics in the song Take This Life that felt so personal as if they were written about my life.

mental health… do reason to belive with Arch Enemy :slight_smile: that one has helpt me and i guess many moore

Citizen soldier: if anyone cared is kne if the best songs ever made. When im at my lowest, which is often, this is the song that keeps me here. I think youd live it.

0:51 that such a bad Idea!!!
Do you understand how bad some poeples if not most cant learn straight!!!
I mean even in front of solid teaching they will understand how they want to! And this can result in the complete oposite of the teaching!
Not because some follow course that they learn and get better some get worst!
Democratisation is not a good thing!
Most of the poeple don’t know whats good

Now Opeth - Windowpane…

Awesome! it’s rare to see people reacting to dear old In Flames these days! And your insights are as usual so on point. Other songs by them that may be interesting to analyze are Clayman, Metaphor or Pinball Map.

Borders and shading…

Clayman was an absolutely formational album as a 17-year-old. “Pinball Map” is a fantastic meditation on anxiety-driven executive dysfunction, even if 23 years later I still want to know what an electric splash on a midnight drive is.

In Flames ❤‍🔥❤‍🔥❤‍🔥…

Damn Girl! Thank you for this reaction! I loved this song since the album was relased but only realised right now what the text means! Interesting, that it really describes what I feel and felt so long without knowing my problem! I am right now in really good hands by my counselor and I am fine but music also is my therapy! And you are helping me with your interpretation and showing the world that metal is not all about killing, death and gore! :wink: really thankful greetings from Germany! :metal:

I love the idea of helping more people, but I spend 10 or more hours a week helping people who have left a cult. I am interested in the training and might be able to help some

YAY In flames. Check out their songs called my sweet shadow, in search for I and the quiet place. More in flames!! More I say.

I volunteer if you still need :heart: