Therapist gets hypnotize by System of a Down

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2I5OlSwq2OY

Therapist uses Hypnotize by System of a Down to discuss how hard it can be to exist in a world where there is so much pain and hurt going on around us. The song calls us to recognize that often what is going on around us doesn’t directly impact us in the moment and it can be difficult to deal with that. One empowering way to deal with this is to focus on your sphere of control instead of your sphere of concern. When we do this it inspires us into action instead of paralyzing us.

1 Like

It’s like I am suffering the voices and the night terrors of death and torture and the visions and all so yeah it’s like all people that are scared and get hypnotized by the violence of the world it’s insane that’s my perspective of the song we really need too fight to unite and have peace no more of this violence

1 Like

would love you input on “Lost” by Linkin Park

1 Like

Please react to “Protect the Land” by System of a Down (2020). It was their first track released in around 15 years

1 Like

dood! i was jus jamming this yesterday! how crazy that u put out a video of it today!

1 Like

yay taylor time…

1 Like

I’d love to see pretty toxic revolver by mgk

1 Like

i doest matter what is happening globally, you still have to live your personal life, still have to wait for your girlfriend, still have to go to job. you cant change global things. only very few people can do that.

1 Like

If you want a great political song from SOAD, check out P.L.U.C.K (Politically Lying Unholy Cowardlg Killers). Boom! Is also a great song. Love your take on thier songs

1 Like

Please listen Lonely Day, one of my favs and one of my most listened rn cause depression

1 Like

“Lets see what you got Serj” I laughed … oh you just f ing wait lmao

1 Like

Slipknot, Scissors…

1 Like

She should listen to some rammstein songs

1 Like

this song defines current occupation of Israel over Palestine

1 Like

R.E.M "everybody hurts ".

1 Like

Sou brasileiro, a muito tempo queria ver alguém fazer um react dessa música. Muito bom :tada::heart:

1 Like

:face_with_monocle:
Serj’s point of views on Anthony Bourdain’s show was killa! A very humble man.
So was homme of QOTSA.

So needed to hear 8:25 - 8:39 today!! Within the algorithm matrix.
A needed wake up 2 self reflect.
Ty <3 Support Therapist.
Much appreciated!

'Cause somebody stole my car radio
And now I just sit in silence…

Cheers! :australia:

1 Like

Thx for that thoughts. I think you’re right about that. But sometimes it’s hard to know that I cannot do more to help for example. But in the way you told it, it could work. Even it’s “only” here in my small hood. Like your videos, :tada: keep going like that. Greetings from Germany :tada:stay well everyone :+1:

1 Like

taylor should react to “prodigy - breathe”, its a great song (and video) with a mental health theme.

1 Like

Loved your videos. Two suggestions for you, two really sad songs, really meaningful, are “The Sound of Silence” by Disturbed, and the other are “Hurt” by Johnny Cash. Both are remakes, but both are very sentimental and well done. Hurt was the last song Johnny Cash recorded before dying.

1 Like