Therapist reacts to BOYB by System of a Down

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a YOUTUBE user is in need of support, topics are created for them in this forum category, where you can encourage them.

View media here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWG-xhCX520

Therapist uses B.Y.O.B to discuss how many of us live in a state of blissful ignorance until we suddenly realize something isn’t right, maybe it’s politically, maybe it’s in your personal life. And once you realize that something isn’t right. You have the opportunity to courageously confront that thing to try to enact change.

1 Like

My daughter is going to college to be a psychiatrist. I send her your analysis of the videos all the time so that she can better understand me. Keep it up TY

1 Like

You should check out Blue October. They have a lot of music that is related to mental illness and hope. I suggest “fear” “black orchid” and " hate me. Thanks for all your videos.

1 Like

well like i said the other day, FINIALLY A DAMN THERAPIST THAT AINT USING MIND TRICKS!!! now if more of them were like you and would honestly listen to the people then someone like me would honestly try to go but cant because i truly see right thru all the bs games that most try to do and dont listen

1 Like

well like i said the other day, FINIALLY A DAMN THERAPIST THAT AINT USING MIND TRICKS!!! now if more of them were like you and would honestly listen to the people then someone like me would honestly try to go but cant because i truly see right thru all the bs games that most try to do and dont listen

1 Like

1 Like

It’s about the war in Iraq… Your welcome

1 Like

Amazing how you said “use metal music to shift your mindset” because I grew up a classically trained violist, played in an orchestra and could play all the string instruments very well. At the same time I was listening to KISS, Motley Crue, Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin and so on. This was when I was around 9/10 years old and I had a crush on Stevie Nicks. A couple years later I discovered bands like Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer and the various metal bands of the 80s. I remember that the darker the music the more I was willing to listen to and deal with things thus making me “happy”. Doesn’t work anymore but I still use music of all types/genres to alleviate my pains/ negative things in my life

1 Like

Movie called Jarhead is this song word for word. You should watch it.

1 Like

This is anti war song​:blush::blush::blush::blush::blush:

1 Like

I absolutely love System of a Down. I think you should check out “ Nymphetamine fix” by Cradle of Filth. One of my favorite songs of all time.

1 Like

Bring your own bombs. The option of have a opinion, action or not for exemple is political choice because we live in a community big or small, and this choices make difference with that said I believe that this music is a calling to us who are able to speak be actives about things that matters in this society, because our mental health is also connect with the way and place we live in.

1 Like

I think most people notice that something is wrong, but they adopt the defeatist attitude because it just seems too big of a problem to solve.

1 Like

It quite literally 3 songs mashed into one

1 Like

Yeah, you got it right away. Every time I watch this music video I get instant goosebumps when the foot soldiers burst through the wall. It is like that sudden moment when reality comes crashing through your ignorance. The title is a play on the party mentality of “bring your own beer” but it really stand for “bring your own bombs” and it calls out the politicians who start wars but don’t put their lives on the line to fight them.

1 Like

I would love to see your take on The Feel Again by Blue October!

1 Like

The party in the desert is also a metaphor for the war itself (in this case the Iraq War circa ‘03). How its affects are undersold and also how warmongers and arms dealers rush to the party.

1 Like

I think you’re gonna have a field day with Gojira - The gift of guilt =)

1 Like

This woman has go it going on!Great job,I appreciate you!:pray:t4:

1 Like

Please do All Fucked Up…

1 Like