Therapist Reacts to Prison Sex by Tool

8:57 :sob:
“i know it’s a responsibility you don’t wanna bear” :sob:

Tool song Bottom off the same album, and Pushit both have powerful messages. Looking forward to your reaction to both of those.

[[[[[Tool - Jimmy]]]]
For when you wanna talk about helping our childhood self.

The cycle is described in the song was abused, to abuser, then ending up in prison and being abused again by another abuser. Locked in a prison (literally and metaphorically), with abusers who have themselves most likely been abused.

This song shouldn’t sound this good given the subject matter

As a victim of child sa this blew my damn mind at first listen. I’ve grown to love it and the fact that they put it right out there to make people look at and acknowledge it

Sexual abuse is its own Prison if you think about it, hence the name. It’s not provocative just to be provocative, the name definitely grabs your attention.

When I first listened to this album way back in high school, it fundamentally changed how I thought about music – what one can do with it, what parts of the human condition are “in bounds” to talk about. Music is an expressive art that can be a teaching tool, a therpeutic instrument, a thought experiment, a way to shine a light in dark corners. Maynard and Tool are just… they are a singular talent in terms of artistry and expressive courage. And listening to this song alongside your insight as a therapist, it brings a sudden realness to it. It’s almost like hearing the song again for the first time. Love it!

Can you please do a reaction to TOOL - Invincible???

…and they even cut out some of the more graphic lyrics.

I love Tool, and I knew this song would come up eventually. I applaud you for listening to it, hearing the message, and showing the compassion you did at the end. Thank You

Tool - Pushit (studio version)

Taylor you are brilliant! Thank you for your take on songs. Not only do you bring a strong presence and a joy to watch on some really tough topics, your positivity and message at the end is wholesome and meaningful. Thanks for the love you :heart: at the end too. Some people need to hear that.

By the way, Maynard was never sexually abused as many people would say but his family tried to brainwash him into their religion and brainwashing is a form of abuse, especially with a kid. So you were spot on about the religion reference there and there’s actually a couple religion references in the lyrics and in the video as well.

love your channel, love that you love tool, this band saved me from suicide

As you are doing Tool’s videos it’s about time to do Parabol/Parabola.
Some optimism

Listening to Tool has helped me get through some of the worst moments in my life. This band has literally saved my life.

Wow… you are amazing… this might be the best reaction to any song on you tube.

Between NIN TOOL and Nine Inch Nails, they have have almost single handedly seen me through every bad, sad, horrifying, happy (of which there were few), confusing and even just the days when i was doubled over in pain.

Trent Reznor and Maynard J Kennan are two of the most talented musicians spanning the stretch of they have, which is pretty damn considerable. Cant wait for your first NIN reaction, try “something i can never have” he did a rendition of it where its just him on piano and a gitar joining. Pure eargasm.

And that was the for-radio/video version. You must listen to the Grudge, Parbol/Parabola and Lateralus. You’ll be moved.