Therapist Reacts to Prison Sex by Tool

This topic represents a post from YOUTUBE that was created by HeartSupport where users are invited to open up about their mental health struggles.

• You can’t reply on this post. Replies posted here are from users who commented on YOUTUBE.
  • When a user from YOUTUBE is in need of support, topics are created for them in the Social Media category, where you can encourage them.

View media here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-yw8XxNsQo

Therapist analyzes the lyrics of Prison Sex by Tool to discuss the cycle of abuse and how often those who were abused become abusers. Instead of distancing ourselves from such an uncomfortable cycle, the therapist invites us to use the song as a gateway to get comfortable with the uncomfortable so we can bring awareness to our own cycles because it’s only through awareness that we get to heal.

Oh girl, not this one :sob: I love this song though

Tool are great at making a sad reality a mind opening experience. You’re very good at breaking down their music and explaining the message. Too many people today have a small minded view when it comes to music and the deeper message.

This is genuinely turning into one of my favourite channels due to the content and your reactions.

I’d like to recommend “Poet and the Pendulum” live at Wembley by Nightwish. It is not the normal song people start with when it comes to Nightwish, however it is the song that suits this channel the most as it deals with depression and struggle. It was written by Nightwish’s song writer the keyboardist Tuomas during the hardest time in the bands history and he basically ended his life in the song to stop himself doing it in real life, however the new song finishes positively with a new beginning. It is one of the best written pieces of music you will come across and is broken into Acts. I won’t say more about it.

Nightwish hold the record for most reacted song in YouTube history with “Ghost Love Score” (normally what people start their Nightwish journey with. However, as previously mentioned, “Poet” suits this channel perfectly, especially if the research is done on the songs meaning beforehand.

The video is a distraction to the lyrics

The cycle of abuse portrayed in beautifully, disturbingly, perfection…

This is a difficult one for you, Tool shedding light on dark subjects. Maynard’s stepfather provided the inspiration for this song. After several years of abuse his mother sent him to live with his dad.

That’s what Tool does best… Provoking thought. Maynard should teach critical thinking at Uni.

I remember reading that this song was actually used by therapists as a way of dealing with abuse that their patients had experienced.

H. and Reflection will restore your faith in Tool

The fact that you even touched this one is amazing! I love this song but it is hard to listen to the lyrics.

Just waiting on a reaction to therapy session by nf…:sunglasses:

Also. It’s universally accepted that people prefer you watch these without the music video. Always lyric video. Anything else distracts.

Love Prison Sex. Great descriptor of the Cycle of Abuse.

The video makes the song so much more disturbing imo.

Haha I love how your reaction is always the teeth showing and scared when it comes to tool…. Try wings part 1 and 2​:joy::joy:

The Grudge. That is the song you should be reacting to.

You broke the song down well. This is an Interview from the 90s Maynard is asked questions about this song.

Tool has grown with time and their albums change with their personal views. The Lateralus album I think may have the most positive outlook.

Tool - Bottom…