Therapist Reacts to THE POT by TOOL

He’s talking about a kangaroo court like you said

This album’s lyrics are largely about Maynard’s mother dying painfully for years, and her church not supporting her. Judith by A Perfect Circle has the most vitriol, but this album is beautiful.

A kangaroo court means the court is in the pocket of a rich person, aka “kangaroo”.

Your analysis is wonderful to listen to. Love it!

jumping on the bandwagon here: have you done Jimmy? That’s trauma song…

I feel like you would seriously love their song Parabola

Your reactions are honestly my favorite! I live for the faces you make :joy:

Where are the snails We need the snails.

Your rock face is awesome… from beautiful to f all you mofos… that’s right!!!… :joy::joy:

It’s about the stupidity and hypocrisy of religion. “Weeping tears of cozened indigo”…

Pushit is my choice. Nobody to this day knows what Maynard is referring to in this song. Many conclusions can come from it that’s for sure!

I have tot 6:03 respect for you… you get it 5:48

Check yourself before you wreck yourself :person_shrugging:

The inspiration for this song was a friend of one of the band members was charged with a marijuana drug charge and later down the line, the judge that charged him was caught with crack cocaine and a prostitute.

Yeah, but what if that negative inner critic is right?

My friend had a theory that it was a literal song about one of Maynard’s college friends who was also later in a VERY political band later in their college years. I don’t really think that’s it BUT it could fit. He always said it was about the vocalist of this WELL KNOWN band. I’m not gonna put it out there but for having three white dudes in the band they sure do preach a lot about “taking the power back” lol. My friend is dead now from drugs and alcohol but he always swore it was about that front man being a hypocrite. I doubt that highly BUT I think of it when I hear the song still lol…I just wanna say, I forgive you man. RIP.

weaksauce. either react to rosetta stoned or gtho

Wings for Marie 2 would be great.

You’re pretty interesting… intelligent… a bit bad… well done again

Pushed the like button just for the stank face!