Therapist want to be Happy. By NF

Love NF. Try Unhappy by Mass of Man

Please check out Hope some time soon. One of his best videos and tracks

What do you do when you literally lack imagination and when a memory of what being happy is doesn’t exist anymore?`
How can you strive for betterment when it doesn’t even exist on a conceptual level for you?

My brother committed suicide last year in April, and if nf didn’t exist, I don’t know where I would be right now, maybe with my brother in after life i dont know, but I know that nf is my therapy and therapist and has such songs that I find myself and so many people like me in 90 percent of them and that the songs help them as well as me… Continue like this and I hope you will react to my favorite songs intro lll,how could you leave us and mama…

@HeartSupport … Great reaction as always! Thanks for sharing your knowledge :pray:. See ya in the next one…

This album is what I needed this morning. NF makes having feelings okay and the rational outlook he articulates a real route forward rather than faking it till one makes it.

Yes, with NF you should focus as much on his videos as his songs. You look away or close your eyes a lot and you miss the impactful story he tells. His videos are not like others’. He puts a lot of thought in to every one of them.

It took me over 40 replays of this song before I could listen to it without crying like a baby girl. No song has ever encapsulated me so accurately before. If I ever felt comfortable enough to see a therapist and was asked to describe myself and how i feel I would just play them this song. I can’t picture what “happy” would look like for too long - my mind won’t let me. I imagine I would feel too vulnerable, fake, not real, it’s a lie… I just wouldn’t trust it. Delusional, make believe fairy tale bullshit. See even just typing this out I feel the need to defend myself from the idea of it.

NF. Is the best. You’ve barely scratched the surface of some of the emotional and amazing songs that he has, hold onto your hats.

“But I can’t keep on living in” - Is the single best inversion of a songs message from one of acknowledgment to one of hope and resolve

Can’t wait for the Mansion reaction :sob:

I would really love to hear your thoughts (part 2?) After watching the video again. I think you have such great insight! As someone who did have a happy childhood, these songs help me understand those who did not. I love trying to learn and empathize. Your insights are ao helpful.

Absolutely love this song, you should check out mama from the same album! Absolute soul warming

Absolutely love your reactions and breakdown! Please keep it up <3

If you think this song has some power to it you have got to listen to Running. However, before anything else you need to hear the whole NF catalog it’s nothing less than amazing. Once you are caught up ‘How could you leave us’ then go listen to ‘MAMA’ and see the growth in this man.

Such an incredible track.
NF is such a wonderful writer and story teller!
Speaking of which, I know you love Ren and he has literally just dropped a new track, as of 9 mins ago!
You really need to check it out as soon as you can :heart:

This is off of Nate’s newest album “Hope”. And I feel a lot of people miss that this song is actually a song of hope. In the beginning he’s lamenting. But let’s look towards the end:

“Don’t know what’s around the bend
Don’t know what my future is
But I can’t keep on living in
Living in my agony, watching my self-esteem
Go up in flames acting, like I don’t
Care what anyone else thinks etc”

He’s says he CANT keep living in his agony. He CANT keep watching his self esteem go into disrepair etc.

IMO the pre chorus at the end is connected to the last chorus. He knows he needs to change. And he’s getting better! His children have done so much for him and his mental health.

I’m a simple man, I see NF, I subscribe

Thanks for reacting to this music video! I’ve always loved NF and the message of his songs, but when I first listened/watched this music video, I was finally convinced that I needed to go to therapy and deal with some childhood wounds. Seeing the little girl experiencing trauma in her childhood and then the flashes forward to seeing her perpetuate the same actions as an adult rocked me to my core! It helped me realize that if I didn’t seek help in addressing my childhood trauma, that I would become the same man that my father was during my childhood and start the cycle of trauma all over again in my future children’s lives. This song is so powerful, and I hope it encourages other people to seek help like it did for me!

As always, love hearing your input and take on NF and Ren music. Have a blessed day.