Thinking about my family

Been thinking about how my family sees me as a trans woman my mom denys it which is fine I deny she’s my mother most times and my brother is so I’ll informed and unwilling to learn he believes we have chromosomes superior to cis woman which one doesnt take into account intersex people who are just born with non binary chromosomes he doesn’t see me as a trans woman let alone a woman I feel so freaking alone in this journey it sucks it’s like no matter what I’m a outsider

4 Likes

Yeeeesh, I’m sorry about your brother, he could do with a well-taught lesson, and your mom, I hope she comes around. It doesn’t matter what they think though, you are a woman either way. And that will never change.

As a trans man who had difficulty with my mom, eventually she did learn to accept me, but sh e doesn’t support me because she thinks her husband will divorce her and her mom will disown her. And she’s still embarrassed and doesn’t want to “lose friends”.

You are not alone, and if so, I’m alone with you. We are an entire community and we need to support eachother to get through this, and get the horomones we need. There are online communities you can join to talk with fellow trans folk. I don’t exactly have any links as the communities I’ve joined have alot of trans folk, but the community isn’t about the trans community, we all just have something in common. There are a ton out there though.

You’ll find your way to getting what you need to have the body you’re supposed to have eventually, and I think the best way to do it is to connect with that community and find people who live close to you and can give you information. For now, hold still and keep your head high.
-X

2 Likes

Hey @Derpplup have you looked for any transgender support groups? There are some really great ones online you could check out. I know how alone you feel not from my own personal experience, but from my friend I supported thru her surgeries. Her family disowned her completely. I was pretty much the only one IRL who was there for her. She found a support group online where she could talk to other trans people and it really helped her a lot. She passed last year from COVID complications but she lived the last 7yrs as the woman she was born to be.

I can’t remember which site she used, but I looked up the best trans support group’s and this one was on the top of the list. Maybe you could check it out and see if it’s something you might be interested in. We are always here to for you :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.