This hits close to home for me when my mom got can

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Cinematic Emotional Masterpiece by Deathcore Band! - Lorna Shore Pain Remains Therapist's Reaction
This hits close to home for me when my mom got cancer and passed away after getting an infection

5 Likes

Same here! I hadn’t gotten that emotional over a video since I saw the Spiritbox video for Constance

1 Like

I am so incredibly sorry for your loss friend, I seriously cannot imagine what you went through and the heartache you have felt. You are loved. x

1 Like

Absolutely agree with this. Pain Remains is a trilogy that hits in every which way no matter and encompasses death and loss so emotionally. August Burns Red Ghosts was another song for me that hit home personally.

1 Like

Loss of a loved one is one of the hardest things. Especially a parent. I lost my dad a couple years ago and the pain is still fresh for me too. Stay strong friend. <3

As with Thrice, I also lost my dad a few years ago. Songs themselves can already be so captivating, but sometimes videos definitely provoke an even fresher reaction from the emotions. Hope the feedback from Taylor was a helpful light and encouragement! You’re loved and not alone :heart:

It must have been so painful for you to lose your mom so suddenly. Cancer is a beast, and it is truly unfair that so many people experience it. I have lost several family members to sudden illnesses and causes, and the trauma that surrounds the circumstances of their disappearance tends to always remain, to the point sometimes of having a hard time remembering them before all of it. My heart goes out to you as you reconnect with this pain - hopefully while offering your heart as much compassion and patience as possible.

I can only imagine how much your mom’s disappearance and the events surrounding this infection must have surprised you and your loved ones. It is a real shock when someone leaves to unexpected, unwanted circumstances. You have known a traumatic loss of someone you love dearly, and it makes completely sense to think about her when listening to this music, to resonate with this major event through it. Both the beauty and curse of music, but thankfully in the midst of our pain we can also connect with like minded people who can hear out our pain. Know that we hear you here.

I hope that, ever since it happened, you have found home and support in your close circle of family and friends, but also that you’ve had space to share about the unique bond that your mom and you have known. Hearing about her just through your words here, I imagine how strong she must have been, and how much of a beautiful impact she has left on the people she loved. There is something special in cherishing those bonds and memories even when one is not present anymore. You are carrying her light through the person you are, and that is such a beautiful testimony of love.

If at times grief hits like a sudden wave again - I hope you can make sure to simply let it be. It ebbs and flows, and there are certain circumstances that remind us of the ones we lost. Somehow they’re always close, no matter how far they would be from us. <3