This is frustrating/ annoying

He would respond horribly, unfortunately I already tried and it felt like I was living in a neverending nightmare.

I guess you have to weigh up whether you find it worth engaging in the conversation. If you do, then unfortunately you can’t make people not argue or listen, but if it’s getting overwhelming then sometimes it is better to let them have their views and you hold your own. It doesn’t mean that it’s not something you can talk about with others or something that is wrong by any means, it just means he isn’t someone who is going to be a willing participant in it.

perhaps with him yes maybe, from what you said above

maybe he is not the person to have that particular conversation with, that doesnt mean you are wrong and he is right it just means you two clearly cannot have that particular debate.

1 Like

From Rohini_868: If he’s not willing to listen, then that is a choice he’s made for himself. Sounds like trying to talk to him about it will not lead anywhere fruitful. Might be time to stop trying to educate or convince him, and let him live his life as he chooses. We can only control what we eat, not what others do.

So my aunt told some kid that my father died, and I got upset, and I have a bad back so I was already in pain, she insulted how i dress, when I was taking my dog out to go outside and I had a PTSD/panic attack which made my voices worse, (I have schizoaffetive disorder) and to make it worse my aunt broke into my house and broke into my room. And yelled at me and lied about what I said.

3 Likes

I’m so sorry this happened to you. Are you saying that your aunt lives in a different house? Her behavior indicates that she has her own mental health issues. It might be necessary to report the break-in to the police. I hope you will discuss the situation with your therapist. I also hope that you will end up in living situation where you don’t have to worry about a crazy aunt.

1 Like

Hi Austist,

Seems like you had a rough day, thank you for sharing your experience here. Does writing help you process these events? I know that helps for me, you are always welcome to write more on the wall. It’s unfortunate that these voices affect your life so much, perhaps getting help from a professional can alleviate some of these struggles.

Here for you
-Gremlin

Yes, she lives with her mom. Unfortunately her mom and her daughter (my aunt) are both extremely narcissistic.

I have a counseling appointment later on today.

1 Like

Yes, the writing helps me immensely, with my emotional mental well being.

1 Like

So I’ve been vegan for 4 years now and my brother is forcing me to eat animal products and it’s frustrating, and yesterday his potatoes and and heres the thing i can’t digest dairy and animal products anymore, i hate that he is forcing me to consume animal products,
I wasn’t raised vegan, i used to consume animal products and as a kid i felt bad about my consumption of animal products and i wanted to know what happens to the animals and i was afraid to ask, so i didn’t. On day i went a field trip and it was me and some other kids and a adult we were in a small local dairy facility and learned about the horrific things that they do to the cows and i was upset and started crying, several years later a was a teenager that the time and my aunts and i went to a farm and once we got to where the cows were, they were living in their dirty conditions and there was this lady she pushed the cows to the ground and was yelling at the cows and in the background there was a truck to haul the innocent cows in and i was horrified and i told the lady stop your hurting the cows, and she threatened to call the police and a fews years go by and i was doing so research on veganism and read article after article and video after video about the
atrocities and the cruelty that these sentient innocent animals are going through everyday and then i researched the health benefits and and i knew that i had to make a decision and changed my eating habits the first few weeks and months were difficult and though it was a challenge i had to remind myself that I’m doing this for the animals , the environment and my well-being

1 Like

I hate that you are not able to eat the diet of your choice. I’m not entirely vegan, but I quit eating meat 15 years ago for reasons very much like yours. Animals raised for meat are treated cruelly. What I didn’t expect, was that after being off meat for several months, I started feeling a lot better. In addition, my blood pressure and cholesterol were greatly improved.

Are there any options regarding where you live? Is there a reason why, after four years, your brother wants you to eat animal products now?

He thinks that animal products are healthier and than the vegan alternatives, and animal products.

And I’ve calmly told him that animal products are not healthier than the alternatives, animal
products are worse for your overall health and well-being. And then he tells me that I’m wrong and stupid.

@Austist sorry for your loss
My condolences

1 Like