This is never-ending

Last night i had strange dreams, then terrifying nightmares, which made sleeping difficult for a while, got out of bed, completely miserable.

I’m stuck in a void that doesn’t end, nothing seems like it’ll real, horrible depression, in pain all of the time.

2 Likes

Hi @No_one_can_save_me,

Welcome to HeartSupport!Thanks for expressing your concerns, it must have been difficult to to have nightmares. Nightmares are scary because I used to struggle with them for many years. Why are you having nightmares? You don’t have to explain that deep if you aren’t comfortable. Sometimes there is a reason for nightmares to occur. Depression is hard to battle with but you aren’t suffering alone. I used to have depression and it took many years to be heal.

If you ever have nightmare, just remind yourself that you are going to be okay! A nightmare does occur think of something else that helps you distract such as listening music or reading a book. You will someday be free from this void.

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing this with us today. It sounds like you are having a difficulty with your sleep, and that you are encontering nightmares. I want to start off by saying that it is completely normal for you to feel scared in the light of such nightmares, and that I could not imagine a more natural reaction to them.

I also want to add that these nightmares are not permanent, and that they will most likely go away. Sometimes, nightmares can be caused by variations in your sleep schedule, or by subtle changes in your sleep hygiene. If you can relate to these, you could consider trying to find a more stable sleep schedule to follow. Things like approximately sleeping at the same time every day and getting 8-9 hours per night could be beneficial to you.

If these nightmares persist, you could consider reaching to a medical professional to explore them a little bit more and understand the factors that may underlie them. You could also consider talking about them with people you know and trust if you are ever in need of a little bit more confort and understanding.

Warm regards,
Salma

1 Like

I appreciate you, you are very kind.

1 Like

I’m always here to support you :slight_smile:

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out here at HS. It takes guts to talk about what you’re going through, and I applaud you for doing so.

Nightmares can be so brutal to deal with. But please remember that this will pass. You will make it through this. And we are here to help you get through it. You are loved and you are strong. :heart:

1 Like

hey friend,

sending you a very warm welcome to the heartsupport forum. i’m so sorry you’re facing a horrible depression and experiencing these nightmares. it’s not easy when both our dreams and reality isn’t treating us kindly. you really do feel stuck, just like you said. i understand your pain because i’ve found myself in this same spot as you. for me, my head can get filled with so many negative, dark thoughts that it carries into my dreams. is there a way you can clear your mind before bed? i know it sounds cheesy but the difference a nice walk outside, calming tea, or mindfulness/meditation exercises can do to break the cycle of nightmares is astounding. you deserve comfort and peace especially as you find your way out of this depression and pain. i believe in you to take the steps necessary to reach a better tomorrow because you can and will! you got this, my friend. please keep us updated on how you’re doing.

love,
twix

1 Like

I know that nightmare aren’t permanent, I’m afraid of my nightmares, although my nightmares are stressful, i also have PTSD.

I have a counseling appointment on Wednesday.

1 Like

It’s awesome that you are making an appointment on Wednesday. Sometimes it’s good to talk with someone. PTSD was a hard battle for me. It took me 5-8 years for me to moved on. I forgave my family for emotional & physical abuse. I can’t stay mad with them forever. People can change or not depending on their personality. You can’t always be stuck in the past. Trauma will always stick even if you are heal. We all have good & bad memories. You can fight this PTSD!!!

1 Like

No your question doesn’t seem tacky to me at all,

I’m tried pilates, i like being on walks when the weather is not to bad. My dog has been really great and he’s really stupid but i love him.

Yeah i hope that my appointment goes well

1 Like

Hi there,

I can only imagine how hard these nightmares must be for you, and I can also only imagine how challenging it may be to live with ptsd. It may be a possibility that the two are associated and that these nightmares are byproducts or associated with your ptsd.

In any case, I’m glad to hear that you have an appointment this week, and it is truly commendable that you are taking steps to seek more professional advice. It can be really difficult to share these things with others, so thats truly something to be proud of.

S

1 Like