This song hits me so hard in so many ways and is n

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Convictions - The Price of Grace - Therapist Reacts
This song hits me so hard in so many ways and is nice to help me cope to let out this pain. I’ve lost a brother to an overdose, another to drinking and my mother when I was 21. Around the holidays I start to feel alone or abandoned. It doesn’t help that to top it off I’m adopted. I’m very aware of all my issues and my trauma. My damage is what makes this song relatable because I have days where I feel like everyone would be better off without me. Today was or is one of those days and this song is a nice reminder that I’m not alone. I just wish this pain would ease up a bit. I’m really not looking forward to forcing myself to the in laws holidays. They get upset if I don’t do " normal" family stuff or don’t even bother asking why I seem to be hurting or off because I’m grieving the loss of my family to this day. I don’t mean to ramble. I’m just having a very hard day and am feeling very much alone…

2 Likes

You are always welcome to share as much as you need, you never have to apologise

I don’t want to force advice on you, I just want to let you know that you are seen and heard. That your heart is important and your words are important.

You’ve been through so much in your life, so I can only imagine how much it hurts for you.
I’d like to invite you to the heart support forum if you ever need to visit and talk. It’s anonymous and you can share as much as you need or even as little as you feel comfortable with
https://forum.heartsupport.com
We would love to journey with you.
You are not alone x

1 Like

Hello friend,

I’m so incredibly sorry for your losses. Holiday depression and loneliness is very real, and it can be pretty hard to get through. If you feel the need, don’t hesitate to step away from the in laws for a bit, go outside and maybe listen to some music that can help you relax. As you noticed, music is definitely something that can heal the soul.

Are there close friends that you have that can have a friends holiday celebration together? with people that you feel comfortable and trusted in? That can definitely help brighten up an otherwise tough situation.

Regardless, you have an amazing community with you to support you right here at HS. And if there’s anything you need we’re always here for you <3

1 Like

I’m thankful that this song helps you let out some of the pain of your loss. I’m so very sorry for your losses, I can’t even imagine the pain you much feel. I can understand how during the holidays you feel alone or abandoned. Not having your family around to share it with is really hard and it sucks.

It must be very hard when your in laws are not sensitive to your emotions and get upset if you don’t do normal family things with them. It’s hard when you’re grieving your own family and miss them. Perhaps you could talk to them about it at some point when you feel comfortable. Help them understand.

You are always welcome to join the Heart Support family! Take care!

1 Like

Hello friend
Thank you for posting here, I am so very sorry for the losses you have had in your life. No one should have to go through that and I cannot imagine how hard that has been then and since and understandably trauma causing. Have you had any therapy for your trauma? I would encourage you to do so if you have not. I am sure it would help you. As for today, today you have found a community that loves you, that cares about how you feel and is always here to listen. Today I send love and let you know you are not alone. Lisa. x

1 Like

Hey friend thank you for sharing and posting.

I am sorry to hear about the how you are feeling and you are definitely dealing with a lot. Death is never easy for ANYONE. You do matter and are seen and heard, especially in this community. Please don’t ever hesitate to reach out here if you need support. Also, glad to hear you find some solace in music please keep keep using that if it is an outlet for you. Metal music is my life blood and definitely keeps me going when I need it.

Also, you owe your family no explanation for not wanting to be particularly involved with things over the holidays as this is can be a difficult time of year for a lot of people.

Hold fast and remember you are not alone!

Evan/ctrain

2 Likes