This speaks to so many i know including myself i w

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Solway Firth by Slipknot
This speaks to so many I know, including myself. I went through a very tough period about 6 years ago. Didn’t get the support I needed from my wife, at the time, we’re now divorced, at it was pretty much the beginning of the end between us. With what happened, there was no coming back from. I still feel that pain to this day, but for our kids sake, I hide it so they don’t suffer as I did and do still. I turned to alcohol and went down a pretty dark road for almost 2 years. To this day, I still feel as lost as back then.

2 Likes

Hey Friend,

I hear you, and your amazing strength in opening up about such tough issues. Ping throigh a tough period when support can sometimes be nowhere to be found is incredibly lonely and isolating. It’s like you’re screaming into a world full of people and nobody can hear you. From your words, it sounds like you’re deeply emotionally scarred by the pain you’ve endured, even although it was years ago.

Divorce can be something that is really emotionally draining, even more so when you have nobody to lean on and feel like you are alone. It’s commendable that you prioritize your children’s well-being despite your own struggles. You’ve demonstrated resilience in navigating such difficult circumstances, even if it may not always feel that way.

Turning to alcohol as a coping mechanism is a common response to overwhelming emotions, but I want to encourage you to seek healthier outlets for processing your feelings. You deserve support and healing, and there are resources available to help you navigate this journey. Whether it’s therapy, support groups, or simply finding solace in activities that bring you joy, know that you’re not alone in this.

Finding your way back from such darkness takes time, patience, and often professional guidance, but it’s possible.

Your willingness to confront these challenges speaks volumes about your strength and determination.

Keep reaching out, keep seeking support, and know that brighter days lie ahead.

With enormous love :hugs:
EvilGenius🧡

Hello friend,

It’s definitely okay to feel that pain, and hiding it from your children can definitely be mentally taxing. Alcohol is a temporary fix to a more permanent problem. I’ve been down that road, and it can be really hard.

But opening up here shows how strong you are and the fact that you’re willing to share your story is a great first step on the road to recovery <3

Hi @HeartSupport_Fans,

You are really brave for discussing your mental health issues. It must have been hard for you. It’s okay to feel resent with your divorce. I would be emotionally depress and frustrated if I was in your situation. Sometimes marriages or relationship don’t meant to last forever. I recommend to join alcohol rehab if you ever want to be sober. Alcohol is the not best way to cope with negative feelings. It can lead to negative health consequences.

I used to hide my mental & physical health from others. I always felt it was depressing for others to know. If you hide your emotions to long, you will someday go through mental breakdown. You might hide your kids from drinking but don’t ever underestimate children. Children can sometimes know what’s happening with your situation.

You are still wonderful father to your kids. Your kids might one day reflect back and ask questions like “How did you even fought something so difficult?”

Man, it must have felt so brutal to see your life shifting so drastically with the divorce. It’s so hard when the relation you have with your significant other gets strained to the point of needing to part ways. It makes sense that you’ve been having a hard time dealing with this reality and composing with all the changes that it has created in your life as well as of your kids. It’s a major change that took place, and with it comes an intense grief over what is lost and what could have been.

It sounds like you’ve been also particularly alone in your pain, and for what it’s worth from a stranger on the internet, I’m super proud of you for talking about it here. It’s hard to leave the masks off once we’re used to wearing them all the time and hide our vulnerability. Thank you for honoring us here with it.

If I may ask, is there anyone in your life whom you trust and could support you too? Would you think that maybe professional support/counseling could be welcomed at this time of your life? These are of course open questions and you are not obliged to respond if you don’t want to. I just feel the isolatoin and loneliness you’ve been dealing with, and certainly wish for you to have or develop a solid support system. You don’t deserve to walk and shoulder all of this just on your own. :heart:

If anything, thank you again for sharing your voice here. You have allies at Heartsupport. I’m rooting for you. :heart: