Thoughts in my head that aren't mine

I’m fine and I’ve gotten lots of help here… so thank you! But I just have a few more things I want to get of my chest…

1. I feel like people are reading my mind. I can’t even keep my own secrets to myself because… someone is listening. I’m telepathically death so I can’t hear others… but can others hear me? I always ask in my mind but I assume they don’t answer because they don’t want me to know… but I know… I know… and I don’t like it.
  2. There is something behind my curtain. Well… not really. But I have to check… because what if there is? Is there a serial killer? Ghost? Anomaly? I don’t know… but better safe than sorry. So I also check. Before I get cut to pieces.
  3. Finally, I can never make a good post here… I have ideas, but they are never long enough… I don’t have the best solutions… I know people want nonprofessionals like you, giving solutions similar to that of a professional, but I can’t. I’m basic… so I usually don’t post at all.

Anyways… yeah. That’s that. I don’t know what else to say… yeah. :no_mouth:

5 Likes

8BitFoxling,
Some people are really good at reading people. In fact there are several studies about what are called “highly sensitive people”. They even study the trait in animals. Humans aren’t the only ones who are sensitive.
Children from abusive homes develop the same skills, while trying to navigate a home life that is unsafe.
I used to be afraid of what was under the bed. I think this passes over time.
As far as your post go, I’m not sure that the ideas or the length is what is important, it’s the content, what you’re sharing.
Reaching out … for what ever reason is important because it helps others to reach out too. If you just say “hi” it’s enough. Someone else out here in the world may be too intimidated, too fearful, too any number of things to reach out for help. Your post may be the encouragement they need to feel safe and reach out. Which is a really good thing. Peace

4 Likes

Hey there Foxling!

1. I’ve encountered this sometimes, or if I’m really close to someone, we’ll be able to often pick up on each other just by the nature of our relationships. One person I’m friends with can type a single word, or just put a “?” In chat, and I almost always know exactly what he’s thinking or what question he’s asking.

It’s not telepathy, it’s more pattern recognition. I know from the past what types of questions he’s asked, and because we’ve been friends for years, we often know what perspective we’re taking and because of that can anticipate each other pretty well.

I had a teacher one who told me that he ALWAYS guesses on things, because if he’s wrong he just shrugs and goes about his day, but if he’s right he looks awesome haha. Maybe the people you’re interacting with just happen to guess right, and it can be a little spooky but they’re not reading your thoughts :slight_smile:

1. I sometimes get urges to do similar things, check that I locked the door even though I literally know I just locked it. I think from my end it tends to depend on my anxiety, and it’s definitely something you could talk to a professional about!

2. Any post is a good post :slight_smile: I frequently have difficulties putting my thoughts together on posts of this length too. I think the approach you’re taking works perfectly fine, and it looks like you’re communicating what you want to communicate, and understanding the information sent back to you.

Remember that languages primary purpose is communication. It doesn’t really matter if your posts are a certain length, or formatted a certain way, or have big words or anything. All that matters is that you are communicating what you want, and it sounds like you are :smiley:

Thanks for posting!
Kiwi

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.