Thoughts on the day 2/13/24

2/13/24

Well it did not snow as bad, I thought it would today. Got to practice my bass playing and hoping to join the black metal band I like alot.

Tonight I was to Ghost Inside Returners record. It’s one favorite modern Metalcore bands. It record o really like in my college years. Reading the lyrics , they really thought out. It going how I feel about my recovery from incel mindeset. It optimistic without being too corny.

However, I do missing not having nostalgia feeling when I was little younger. It feel I may never get back. But I don’t think bad thing, I see records as adult now and there meanings differently. Like they still irrelevant. Like it relate to me as adult instead of being a kid. For example I feel that lamb of god as the palaces burns relate to crisis in Israel and Palestin. Killswitch engage As Daylight dies relate it as well and me seeing stuff positive light.

I miss having nostalgia with my favorite metal records, but I learn to love them in different way.

3 Likes

Yes, it’s interesting how some music can echo to parts of our heart when we are young, then seem to take a different shape as we grow, have new experiences and interests too. It’s amazing that this music continue to accompany you personally though. Although it resonates differently now, it’s understandable to miss the savor and purity of the first times you listened to it, and how it made you feel at the time. There’s something about those experiences that make them furtive and meant to evolve over time, which feels tragic and beautiful at the same time.

As you said it’s about learning to love this music in a different way, and those changes in the way you listen to them or receive them are also a beautiful testimony of your own journey. <3

Hiya @Metalskater1990

It sounds like this was a positive and productive day for you, despite the challenges faced by the weather not being as expected. It’s great to hear that you got to practice your bass playing and that you’re hopeful about joining the black metal band you admire. Music can be such a powerful outlet for expressing ourselves and connecting with others who share similar passions.

Your reflection of the record you mentioned is insightful and inspiring. It’s amazing that you find solace and comfort in the lyrics of the song, especially in relation to your journey away from an incel mindset. Music has the amazing power to unleash and express feelings and emotions in a way no word ever could. It’s inspiring to see you draw strength and optimism from their message without it feeling contrived or overly sentimental.

Nostalgia is a bittersweet emotion, isn’t it?

While it’s natural to miss the carefree feelings of our youth, it’s also a sign of growth and maturity to find new meanings and connections in the things we once loved. Your perspective on revisiting your favorite metal records as an adult is profound. Seeing them through the lens of your current experiences and understanding adds layers of richness to their significance. It’s a testament to your evolving outlook on life and your ability to find positivity even in the face of challenges.

Keep embracing these changes and finding new ways to love the things that matter to you. Your journey toward personal growth and self-discovery is truly inspiring, and I have no doubt that you’ll continue to find joy and fulfillment along the way.

Keep rocking on, both in music and in life! :fire: