Three days ago my domestic partner of ten years en

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to The Grudge by Tool
Three days ago my domestic partner of ten years ended the relationship. I had to fly back across country to live with my father who was hospitalized day two of me losing my home, my partner, the years of mental health support and assistance I finally got in place and everything I’ve come to know.

I’ve a score of issues such as panic disorder with agoraphobia, major depressive disorder severe recurrent, ptsd, etc. Im 42yrs old and i’ve never lived alone, unable to work, no money, and I’ve struggled with suicide since my teenage years.

I have a deep seeded grudge with existing, with life’s unbridled bullying of people and with myself for poisoning everything I care about and always ruining everything.

And I can’t let it go, it’s beyond my ability to comprehend how. I got nothing left, the tank is empty. I shouldn’t even post this for various reasons yet here it is.

2 Likes

Hey there my friend.

First off I just want to say thank you for being so open with us here, we appreciate it and do not take it for granted. I am glad you have posted here, and I am proud of you for doing so. I believe that sharing your emotions and what you have been through can help others feel less alone, so once again thank you so much for sharing your story with us here.

I cannot even begin to understand how hard it must be to no longer be with a partner that you spent a decade with, that has got to be so hard, and I am so sorry. It’s like you have known this life for so long, and it all changes… that has got to be so hard to get through.

I am sorry to hear about your father, I hope that he gets better soon. You are already going through a tough time, and this situation adds to it, to the stress and emotions. You don’t deserve this pain, you don’t deserve these things that are happening.

Losing what you had previously, especially with the mental health support. For me it is difficult to switch from what I am used to, especially with doctors and mental health; I’m sorry you have to go through this. Please know that even though you are in a different place, there are still people who will listen, and people who care. Something I used to help me find new doctors when I moved across the country to Colorado from New York was an app called ZocDoc. For me, I would rather see female doctors, just I feel more comfortable with them as I am also female. With the ZocDoc app I could see the pictures of the doctors and reviews, and I could see who took my insurance. This is something that really helped me personally.

We are here for you, to listen, to be a shoulder to lean on. When things change, I know how hard it can be to keep going. I have struggled with depression and anxiety and suiciadal thoughts for about a decade now, and drastic changes make it so hard- but I promise you it does get better. In the moment, I know how it really feels like it’s the end, like nothing gets better, but man I promise you with time and work things can and will improve, things will get better and easier.

Sticking around is a tough thing, but I am SO PROUD of you for staying… I hope you continue to stay. There are great things to find again in this world, you will be happy again. We will have our tough days, where nothing feels like it will get better- but I promise you that is just a sentence in your whole story, it is just a moment of time.

You deserve happiness, you deserve greatness… we are always here for you.

My friend, I believe in you. It will get better, it will take time and work, but it will get better.

Keep holding on, take it slow.

Sending love,
Lys

1 Like