Too much freakin drama

Holy moly school can be stressful. Lately I’ve been very stressed about my grades even though the worst I have is a B+ which isn’t even that bad but it is hard for me to accept anything less than an A. It’s not like I want to go to Harvard so I don’t know why I am so anxious. I just feel like there is so much to do and so little time to do it. Also, my friends are getting in my nerves. Some of them are very openly homophobic and it makes me frustrated. I know I can’t control their emotions, but I hate being around them when they’re so rude. The world is so full of chaos and fear that it can get hard to see the good. I just want everything to be perfect and yes I know that’s way too much to ask for and I should be grateful for what I have but geez almighty that can be difficult. I wish school didn’t exist and I wish the world was at peace and I wish we could all love one another and I wish so many things that will probably never happen. That’s the end of my rant, thanks for reading.

3 Likes

Hello, @lov1

I’m sorry to hear that your grades aren’t meeting your expectations. However… I want to focus more on your friendships at the moment.

Are these people really people you would consider to be friends? It sounds like to me that they don’t have your best interests at heart.

I think that you might want to look into setting some boundaries for how you want others to treat you. This is a great resource to do that: https://www.therapistaid.com/worksheets/setting-boundaries

You deserve to be in a space with people that love you for you and respect your thoughts, feelings, and opinions like you’ve asked here. I’m sorry to hear this year is going rough for you, and I’m hoping that this space can help alleviate some of that stress for you. Keep us updated, and take care, okay?

4 Likes

Hi there @lov1,

I can understand and empathize with the school stress. It stinks when we feel bad about ourselves, even when we’re actually getting impressive marks, and I need to commend you on recognizing that the expectations that you place on yourself are at least somewhat irrational. But I still understand how the irrationality of these concerns doesn’t necessarily mitigate them.

High expectations are hard (sometimes even impossible) to fulfill and I understand how these are currently hurting you. With that said, I’m proud of all your accomplishments and hope you’re able to find more to love about yourself (because there’s a lot to love if you look for it).

You are good enough. You are valuable. You matter.

<3 Tuna

3 Likes

I can understand how you feel about grades. I felt such immense pressure to get good marks. I felt like it was something I had control over and needed to control. I think we put a lot of pressure on ourselves to do more. I hope that you’re proud of the hard work you’ve put into your studying. I think you’ve done an amazing job!

it’s hard when friend groups start to form their own different morals and ideas. It can be easy to wonder where the line is and when to speak up. I know when I was younger my friend group was much the same. Looking back on the things they said and did, I was never really okay with it, but I was too scared and impressionable to say anything. What if I lost friends? What if they started talking that way about me? I think it’s important to have boundaries and most of the time when we tell people it’s not okay to say those things, they take it on the chin. But if they do get upset and tell you they have a right to speak those things, are they people who you want to associate with? Sometimes we have to prioritise ourselves and it’s not selfish to do so. Take some time to be kind to yourself and be proud of all your hard work

2 Likes