Tried of being unappreciated and seen as a burden

My dad makes me want to stab him in the neck!

As I came back home from getting some food because I’m barely getting by with food and gas at home and I see my dad in room and I already knew what it was about.

I told him that I didn’t have any money which is the truth and then he proceeds to go off about his financial problems to me and sister like we were the cause his problems. I already have too much on my plate with my sorry job I have plus my mental health is in a the drainer and I cannot afford to see my psychiatrist or therapist like I need too.

My sister told me that his girlfriend offered to pay her share of things but he can’t swallow his pride and accept help. So, instead he talks down on me like I’m dogshit and likes to use me without returning the favor.

I am so done with my dad’s emotional/verbal abuse. I know doing things at the spurr of the moment is bad but it’s better for my health to leave my dad where he is and roll around in his own misery but I will try to come up with some kind of backup money incase I need it.

1 Like

Hey. I’m so sorry your dad mistreats you like that. You deserve better than to be talked down to like when you’re struggling on your own. Even if he has his own problems, you have no obligation to put up with that especially if he’s taking out on you and hurting you. You have your own struggles, and you have the right to leave him and put your problems first if that’s what you need. Stay strong. :blush:

1 Like

Ow, i wish there was a law about mental abuse! Like, when the abused switch sides with the abused for couple of years, tenfold perhaps?

As i see it - your dad won’t go to a therapist, becuse he’s fine with his life. It will be very hard to help a person, who don’t want any help. Have you ever tried to talk to him? Ask him why is he treating you like dogshit? I’m totally sure that you are a grate and kind person and you deserve better life!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.