TW past thoughts of unaliving

From queenlizidee: A year ago, I really could have been dead. I got quite drunk, ended up having a huge breakdown while I was home alone with my son late at night, and called 911 to keep myself and him safe from anything I might have done. I didn’t want to kill myself, nor was I actively trying, but I was terrified because I knew I had the means to do it.

I got taken to the nearest hospital with a mental health unit and placed on a hold for a total of about 40 hours. That experience in itself was enough to scare me beyond anything that’s ever scared me before, and I made a decision to stay sober for an indefinite amount of time.

Now, I have had some drinks since July. But definitely in moderation, and absolutely not by myself or in a position that would put myself, my son or anyone else in danger.

I’ve come a long way but I still have a hell of a journey to go. If you’ve happened to read this, I hope that even though I haven’t gone into great detail, that my experience of going from possibly hurting myself, to still being here today, helps someone. :blue_heart:

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing about your story, Queenlizidee. It is indeed inspiring and encouraging to hear about others healing journey. You have developped so much resilience over the years and truly well done for getting support and choosing sobriety. These were beyond any doubt some highly uncomfortable and scary decisions to make, but you’ve pushed through the discomfort as you also knew that these choices were right to you. I’m so thankful that you feel now more in control regarding alcohol, that you can develop a real sense of trust with yourself, but even more than you are here today. May the future be fulfilling, healing and meaningful to you. <3

PS - If you’re ever interested, we have teams of volunteers on our forum (https://forum.heartsupport.com) called Support Wall Action Team. Given your journey, your story and your willingness to inspire others, I thought it could be at least a good thing to send this information your way. There’s information at S.W.A.T. - Support Wall Action Teams | HeartSupport, and we have a Discord server where one can directly choose their team and hop on the next call @ Heartsupport SWAT . Just an invitation <3. Hold Fast.