Tw sh relpase

my day has been rough. about 35 minutes ago i relapsed with sh again im going to be in a lot of trouble tonight when my mom gets home since she hates when i sh an she is probably going to yell my ears off all night

4 Likes

Hey so, I’ve read your previous posts, and in plain terms your mother seems to be neglecting you. You can call CPS for this. If emergency services are not helping then getting into contact with CPS and explaining to them that she is very obviously overlooking what you’re saying and not helping you saying she’s “busy” and for over a period of a good amount of time she’s been doing this, they may be able to help you. You have a right to your own safety and she has her own responsibility as a parent to dedicate her life to raising you and saving your life if you need help. She cannot overlook this responsibility as a parent and as an adult, and you cannot let her ignore you just because “she’s busy” you need help and you have a right to ask for it without being put down. This is your life, and you clearly are wanting to get help so you can live so fight for that. This relapse is just a bump in the road, but for the long term you urgently need therapy.

-X

3 Likes

yeah the only thing my mom is really doing for me now is getting me something to cover the c/ts but it going to see if my cousin can give me my schools counsellors number or email to see if i can talk to her

2 Likes

How soon do you think you can do this? Do you think you will be safe until then? Hopefully their counseler is educated.

1 Like

I’m mainly worried about my safety bc i’ve been having a lot of issues staying safe as it is so i’m going to have to try to stay safe

1 Like

Kio: Hey, yea I know it’s hard to stay safe, but you gotta be strong, can you do something for me? Every time those thoughts come up immediately try to rationalize it, try to comfort yourself and remind yourself you don’t deserve that pain. We have issues staying safe to, and when it comes up this is what we do immediately, we also discract as much as we can and try to de-escalate by reminding reasons that we don’t deserve that pain, reminding self love, and really try to get the body to focus on something else, like hugging a pillow and not letting go. Letting yourself cry but just to get those feelings out.

Remember you’re loved and cherished here, and all of us here want to do what we can to help you get to the next step and we are cheering you on till you get there.

1 Like

I’ve been now letting myself cry instead of hurting myself

3 Likes

Hey @Horselover200246

When the urge comes for me to self harm I remember that it’s only an urge, not a “must” and I try to ride the wave of impulsiveness out. I acknowledge I’m having an urge and notice my thoughts and feelings without trying to change them. It can feel uncomfortable, but that’s ok. The urge will pass after 20-30 mins and the more I can sit and tolerate my uncomfortable experience and urges the less influence they have on my behaviors. The more I practice mindfulness by breathing and trying to stay more present and observe my internal experiences and discomfort, I can become more able to ride it out.

Try it!

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.