Twenty two

That’s the number of prescription sleeping pills I was told I took. But I don’t remember it. As far as I’m concerned, I went to bed after taking the normal amount of medication two Monday’s ago and woke up in the psych ward on Wednesday, ending up the patient of the worst psychiatrist ever.

My body hurts like hell so I can’t do my job because it’s a lot of heavy lifting and my family started bugging me about going back to work two hours after I came home from the psych ward. BTW, that was yesterday.

I’m just trying to figure out what’s next, and and trying to figure out how to trust myself again.

3 Likes

Hey @Galileo,

Thank you for being here with us today. I hear that what happened was a shock to you since you don’t remember taking those pills. I’m also sorry your family is pressuring you to get back to work so soon. You obviously need to rest right now, both physically and emotionally.

Did the psych ward recommend you to a therapist or a psychiatrist before you left? If not, and if you don’t see any professional right now, I’d like to encourage you to seek professional help. What happened two days ago shows that you’ve been very strong for a very long time, but there’s a moment when we break down and need to slow down because we’ve reached our limits. Now you deserve to receive the help you need.

Let us know how you’re doing since you posted, if that’s okay for you. :heart:

1 Like

Part of the program’s release requirements in the ward is that you have an appointment with a therapist before you leave. The social worker finds someone that works with the insurance (USA here) and sets people up with one, so I have an appointment. I’m just waiting for the day to come. I’m nervous about it, but I know that’s normal.

1 Like

That’s really good to hear, @Galileo. I hope you’ll feel comfortable with them and they’ll support you the way you need. I understand that it’s quite stressful though. When I have a meeting with my therapist, I feel anxious and afraid of not knowing what to say once I’m in front of her. But in the end it just goes well, a lot more than I thought. You’ll be okay too. You can be proud of yourself for taking that step. :heart:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.