Update on Depression Room w/twin

From quietcasey: So we have been on spring break all week from college and been off of work because we’re both student workers on campus. We have spent almost the entirety of our break deep cleaning our room. It’s been a bit easier since we aren’t trying to do it on top of work and classes. Apart from the judgy glances from our family members by all the trash bags full of trash or old clothes or just junk we don’t need or have an attachment to, it has been going pretty smoothly. We have completely cleaned out our room and are slowly working on the biggest portion of our room that needs cleaning. We ran out of trash bags and are waiting to get some more but we are almost done. Thank you for all the suggestions on how to make it all go more smoothly and ways to keep us grounded, it was all very helpful. :white_heart:

4 Likes

That’s so great to hear! Thank you for sharing with us. You should be proud of yourself, we are proud of you for sure. Stay strong and much love❤️

2 Likes

This is AWESOME news! I’m so glad to hear that you’ve been making progress with cleaning up this room, as this cleaner room will hopefully make things feel a bit better (and hopefully less overwhelming, as I know I tend to feel overwhelmed when my living space gets cluttered). I’m also so proud of you for taking that overwhelming task of cleaning up and still taking that first step to get started – that’s seriously hard to do once things get pretty messy and is a sign of incredible resilience.

Great job, once more, to you and your sister for those efforts – that really is wonderful, and I hope the remainer of the clean-up goes well.

-Tuna

2 Likes

I read your original post and Im so glad to hear about your progress! Deep cleaning a room takes a lot of mental and physical effort. Be proud of yourself for what you accomplished!

2 Likes

Hey, I simply want to share that I’m rooting for you and your sister as you find your way through that process!
It sounds like you’re doing great!

1 Like

hey quietcasey!

it’s so amazing to hear from you again and to know how you’ve been doing. i am so happy to hear that spring break has given you the time and flexibility needed to deep clean. i know how much of an obstacle that was for you and your mental health. this is such a huge accomplishment and i hope you and your sister are able to celebrate this victory together. you have tackled a huge beast that was weighing heavily on so many aspects of your life and for you to have defeated that beast is so admirable. i’m proud of you. thank you for sharing this update with your heartsupport community - we’re celebrating alongside you!!

love,
twix

2 Likes

Oh WOW! That’s amazing. Cleaning up, especially a lot is often so overwhelming, and about all one can do is just do it! And you have and you are. And I hope it helps you to clear out the “baggage” we tend to create in ourselves too; just be patient with yourself in that process.

Hey, and “so what” on what others think. You know, in general I have noticed something (having had to move and straighten out some huge things in my own living situation). Others seem to think someone else’s things are a “lotta junk”. On the other hand, their junk is their “things”. Irony in that. So doesn’t matter what they think; you are doing what you needed to do; and you should be proud of yourself for the accomplishment. I am!

1 Like