Update on myself 5 years later

Honestly I had forgotten I used this website. I accidentally stumbled on my old posts after logging in with my usual google account, and it was kind of interesting to see what I had thought of myself 5 years ago. To tell the truth, I was 10-11 years old at the time (saddening). I always thought my younger self was doing it for attention, but seeing your old unfaltered feelings word for word can set you straight. I even found myself relating to some of my old struggles now, which was oddly comforting.

Thanks to the people who respond to the posts on this website, you really do save lives.

3 Likes

Great to have an update from you - thanks so much for posting here, friend. Would love to hear more about how life has been - five years later, what’s new? How are you?

I’m glad to hear you’re interested! To be brief I’m a fairly well performing student in highschool. I’d like to say I have a future ahead of myself as I’m aspiring to be a social worker. Additionally I’ve grown a ton mentally and have been working on ‘building my own garden’ as they metaphorically called it. I’m doing a lot better now, compared to what I described to my last posts.

It’s an interesting concept to see how much I’ve grown. It makes me think how much I would’ve missed out on if I had decided to quit trying to improve my life. It’s a crazy path out here.

1 Like

I love this so much. Yeah it’s EXCITING, and EMPOWERING, to be able to have this personal evidence in your life that suicide isn’t the answer. To say - yeah, we have dark seasons, but we also have the power to overcome. Time does change things. People change. I can change. And with that, there’s hope, and I have the possibility of living a life I love. Or having moments I love, hobbies, relationships, aspirations.

This is REALLY powerful!!

And super cool that you’ve got these dreams and goals, and you’re working towards them. That feels really, really good. I’m so happy to hear all of that. Strong work, friend