Update on Uncle and I'm Stressed

Today has been a stressful day… I woke up early to go to a class, came home and after a while, picked up uncle, aunt, and cousin’s dog, then learned my uncle had another seizure… He’s fine now and he’s sleeping, but prayers would be helpful. Hardly haven’t been able to work on homework because I’ve been working on getting their dog calmed down and I’m just stressed from the whole day…

4 Likes

Man, I’m so sorry that your Uncle is still having seizures, Alex! I know how scary they can be. My younger sister used to have them. It was really scary sometimes. It’s not a fun thing to witness and I’m sure for them it’s stressful on their bodies. I will continue to think about you and your family and send love your way. I hope your Uncle is able to find healing and recovery.

Sorry your so stressed right now. Understandably. Sounds like maybe some meditation and mind calming music would be really good. To just slow your mind a little. Embrace some quiet.

Stay strong friend. Continue to keep us updated okay?

• Kitty
1 Like

Thanks. Right now, we’re trying to figure out room arrangements for this and I’m finding it hard to find a time to take some time for myself to rest. We’re not sure if the seizures will continue, but I hope they don’t…

2 Likes

Aw man. Yea that’s tough. Sounds like there is just a lot going on right now. It can be very hard to find me time when stuff is chaotic and just intense. I hope that things are able to calm down a little bit so you can take some time out.

Even just shower time can be a good time to relax. Embrace the water. Clear your head. Maybe play some music that feels good to you. Even just 5-10 minutes of that can make a difference when things are heavy.

The HeadSpace app has lots of short meditation audios that you can listen to. Maybe something in this app could be of help to you. <3

2 Likes

Thanks again. It’s nice to know that I have people who care about others and their family :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I must have missed your previous post about your uncle having seizures. I’m sorry and I hope they are able to figure out what is going on and help him out. You and he will be in my prayers. :pray:

3 Likes

Well of course. We are a community here. A family of our own. You are a part of that. Thus, I care about what is going on. <3

2 Likes

Thank you. :slight_smile: <3 It’s been a difficult time for all of us and we could use as many prayers as possible.

2 Likes

Hey @alexgamer_hameowlton,

It makes totally sense if you haven’t been able to do your homework. If you can focus on it, it’s really cool. If you can’t, it’s okay too.

I hope the seizures will stop for your uncle. Hope he will get better soon. If you don’t really have some time to rest for the moment, then keep trying to take short breaks regularly, like a couple of minutes here and there, and try to breathe a bit of fresh air. In times I felt overwhelmed, doing this at least in the morning and at the end of the day really helped me to hang on.

Thinking of you and your family today. Take care. :heart:

3 Likes

Thank you. I’ll try taking small breaks throughout my day and hopefully that will help me calm down. Thank you again.

3 Likes

Alex. I may not know you…but my heart sings to hear a young man taking care of his uncle who has seizures. I’m just adding this lil pep of a comment…Great Job Alex. You’re taking the less easier of two paths…it will make all the difference.
Keep being an amazing human being

3 Likes

For one, thanks. Secondly, though my name may say “I’m a boy”, though it is a beautiful sentiment, and I’m not trying to sound rude but I’m unsure how to word it, but I’m actually a young woman. It’s fine though, I’ve gotten it so many times I’m used to it and usually expecting it. Thank you again for the message.

1 Like

I actually didn’t even give that thought. So thanks for letting us know. So I know that in the future to keep that in mind. Even though I know you weren’t addressing me, it’s a good thing to know. And a good reminder to try not to assume genders.

People miss gender me all of the time. (:

1 Like