Valentine's change

On this day, many people are celebrating the special bond of love.
Some spend wonderful evenings with their partners, some send letters to distant friends.
And in general, a sense of warmth is in the air.

But I, for many years, haven’t been lucky to feel this warmth. Because I never had anyone to spend time with. Someone to keep me company and understand my true self.

However, that will have to change soon.
I’ve tried and persisted in the following months. First by letting go of old grudges and moving on from the bitter past. Then by allowing myself to express some parts of true personality.

And now, by trying to find company again.
Because I deserve it, after everything I’ve gone through.
I can no longer go on without a dear special one, it’s slowly driving me crazy…

So I’ll finally say it, something I’ve bottled up from last year.

"My dear, if this were to ever find your way,
I want to say thank you.
For just being you.
For giving me the basic human sympathy I was deprived for years.
For being someone to say hi every now and then.
For slowly taking over my thoughts as time went on…
But of course, everything has to die at some point.

So, my dear… I’ll have to let you go.
I can’t keep holding on to a ship long sailed.
I’ve distanced myself back to square one, to keep looking for someone else.

I’m so sorry, but it’s something I can’t help but keep doing. These oleanders will continue to cling on, but I must keep going on my own.

Goodbye, my dear…"

3 Likes

That’s a very touching message. It also shows wisdom.

1 Like

This beautiful, @Cora. Beautiful in the fragility and strength your words and art convey, both at the same time.Thank you for sharing. :hrtlegolove:

1 Like

Hey there, @Cora :people_hugging:

I read your heartfelt words, and I feel the weight of your emotions, as well as your longing for connection. It’s clear that you’ve carried the burden of loneliness for far too long, and you now find yourself in a place yearning for the warmth and companionship that others seem to effortlessly embrace. Your journey of self-discovery and resilience shines through your narrative, and it’s truly inspiring to witness your courage in facing your past, embracing your true self, and reaching out in search of connection once more.

You’ve taken positive steps in the right direction when it comes to companionship. Heather it be releasing grudges to allowing yourself the freedom to express your authentic self. Let me say, that these are challenge within themselves. Fighting these challenges head on speaks volumes about your determination and strength. It takes immense bravery to confront the shadows of the past and to unveil the layers of your true identity, but you’ve shown that you’re willing to embrace vulnerability in pursuit of genuine connection.

Your gratitude towards the person who brought a glimmer of hope and light into your life is touching and profound. They may have been a beacon of warmth and understanding in a sea of solitude, offering you the human connection and empathy that you’ve longed for. Their presence, however fleeting, left an indelible mark on your heart, reminding you of the beauty of genuine connection and the transformative power of human kindness.

Yet, as you contemplate letting go, I want you to know that it’s okay to mourn the loss of what could have been. It’s okay to feel the ache of saying goodbye to someone who brought you solace and companionship. But please remember that their departure does not diminish your worth or your capacity for love. You are deserving of companionship, understanding, and affection, and your journey towards finding it is a testament to your resilience and strength.

As you navigate the waters of loneliness once more, know that you are not alone. You have a community of people who care about you, who support you, and who believe in your ability to find the connection you seek. And while the road ahead may be filled with twists and turns, know that each step brings you closer to the warmth and companionship you crave.

Keep your heart open to the possibilities that lie ahead, and trust that the universe has a way of bringing kindred souls together in unexpected ways.

1 Like