Warped Tour Fan #153

I keep trying to tell myself I’m okay when I know that I’m literally not okay. I just can’t stop crying right now and it’s been like this all day and I don’t even know why I’m crying. I need to stop caring what other people think of me and just do what makes me happy… which is already what I try to do but I obviously still care about others view of me.

Hey friend,

I struggle with this too. I don’t know if this is something that will help you, but for me, I think of my brain as a logic side and an emotional side. Logically it doesn’t matter what others think of me and it only matters what I think of myself. Emotionally, I still care about what other people think. I think it’s okay to care what others think about you, because I believe that’s how we know where we fit in. As long as those thoughts of other people’s opinions don’t consume you and you try not to let the negative ones break you down, you’ll be okay. It takes lots and lots of practice, so try your best to be patient. You got this.

Hold fast <3

love,
sophic

It’s okay not to be okay. < This is something that we all need to learn. It sounds so simple, but it’s so difficult.
I’m very glad that you keep pursuing what makes you happy, and I’m so sorry you feel judged for that.
Caring what other people think is a natural thing - I care way too much about what people think of me, to the point that I won’t do something unless they tell me its okay.
Crying is perfectly okay too - I tell myself everyday that it’s not and it scares me, but, I’m slowly learning it’s a healthy thing to do. If people in your life are making you cry everyday and not supporting you, but judging you for doing what you love, then they’re not worth your time. Find people who are. There are so many of them here in this community. Join groups around your area that you have interests in and mix with those people. Keep doing what you’re doing - you’ll get there. It just takes time to overcome those things.

Hold Fast
Kayla

It’s okay to cry. And it’s okay to worry about what others think of you. I think that’s a really human thing. But I want you to remember that the opinions and thoughts of someone who doesn’t love you or care about you don’t matter. All their hate is just noise. Keep being you and know that you are enough and you are loved.