Warped Tour Fan #70

Self doubt , and I care too much about what people think

Doesn’t Matter what the Press Says. Doesn’t Matter what the Politicians or the Mobs say. Doesn’t Matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This Nation was founded on one principal above all else; The requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences.

When the Mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree next to the River of Truth and tell the whole world “No, YOU move.” - Captain America

I’ve spent 20 + years being told how I saw the world was wrong and second guessing how I did everything or how I should do things based on how the world thinks I should do them. It caused me much anxiety and pain trying to conform. Last couple of years, however I came to the realization by surrounding myself with supportive friends and a therapist, that no, I’m not crazy, and its okay to want things and to do things as I see them. And that the world is quite possible is the one thats wrong, and its not arrogant to think so.

I encourage you based off my experience to find your truths - find what is important to you and what you stand for. It is not wrong to stand up for what you believe in. What you find value in. What you are proud of, and what you find joy in. If those around you can’t or won’t support you in those things that bring you joy, happiness, and the celebration of life - perhaps those are the wrong people. Your friends and people around you should want to see you succeed and prosper.

If you aren’t sure you can do this, ask those friends you trust to support you. Explain it to them that you’re having this hard time, and that you could use their support in doing the things you want. Some of your future conversations might be longer in trying to sort it out, but communicate some of the difficulties you’re having and the doubt. If they can’t get it, then don’t work on it with those people, and find people or a therapist who are happy to listen and help you sort that out.

Not all superheros wear capes. But I believe you can be the hero of your own story and with the support of our community or those in your life can begin to make those changes. Write things you like or want. What might you need to accomplish those things or do? What support would be helpful? Make a plan and start with the smaller ones so you can say hey this worked and grow from it, and make adaptations as to what worked and what could have done better.

You can do it, and if you need support we’re here whether on the wall or discord :slight_smile: Find your truth and say No you Move.

I struggle with that too. I will feel so paralyzed by fear of what someone thinks of me. The one thing I have learned in life is that you can do everything right. You can jump through hoops to make people happy, but someone can still not like you. You cannot make everyone happy. What you can do is focus on making yourself happy and focus on loving the people who love you. You are not the opinion of someone who doesn’t love you or know you. Hold fast.

You can’t be everything, for everyone, all the time. Love yourself for exactly who you are. When you do that you are bullet proof. Don’t compare yourself to anyone and be the best version of you that you can be. When you feel like your not enough focus on everything you have accomplished. Sometimes we get so caught up in the short game we forget about the long game. You got this!

1 Like