We-played-this-at-my-husbands-funeral-on-june-29th - 2189

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: https://forum.heartsupport.com/t/38359
We played this at my husband’s funeral on June 29th 2023. This was one of “our” songs because we were the only two people that recognized these feelings and problems and could be honest with each other. With everyone else we both had to put on a face, or felt we had to. We connected over those scars 9 years ago and become best friends and then soulmates for 8 years. He passed away extremely suddenly on June 22nd 2023 while we and his brother were out celebrated wjat felt like all three of our lives were getting better. We all had new jobs that were going well. Joey, my husband and his brother, Jon had rekindled their family bond after a rift in the family and we had all moved back home with each other. The sun was finally shining for us all. Then suddenly, he collapsed at dinner and just passed away. I am completely lost. I pray EVERY DAY that I get to join him soon. This song gave us both comfort and understanding. It hurts to hear it at first, but it still gives me some minutes of rememberence and comfort, which is now more precious to me than life itself or all of the riches in the world. Thank you for covering this song. Excellent reaction and commentary.

1 Like

My heart goes out to you. So much. Words are simply not enough sometimes, but I wanted to let you know that someone out there is rooting for you. It must have been such a traumatic event but to lose your husband so suddenly. While you were all celebrating and rejoicing together… I’m so sorry this happened, friend. It sounds like your husband was such a beautiful soul that you bonded with so deeply. It feels so special to find someone who sees us beyond any mask we would try to wear, someone we can be genuine and authentic with. There’s enough pressure in this world to constantly perform and be someone we’re not – it gives such a relief when there is this level of trust and safety shared with another person. And for you to see him as he was, to know him truly, what a gift.

It makes sense to feel so hurt and to want to be with him as soon as possible. There is something so brutally unfair in losing the person we love the most. It’s hard to envision a future without them, to even consider how life could be while feeling their absence within. It must feel like this emptiness is going to eat you alive anytime. It’s so heavy.

I’m just a stranger to you, but still I’m so proud of you for sharing about your husband here. Because in the midst of such a grief, the first temptation is to isolate and let ourselves drown into our despair. The pain is harp and so very real it overshadows everything. I’m proud of you for connecting and opening up about what you are going through. By posting here, you have been transforming the silence that is left into something profoundly human and honest. You are sharing the voice of your husband and who he was to you, and that is such a precious gift to anyone reading, to this world.

I hope you are patient with your heart through all of this, regardless of how messy it can be most of the time. You matter so very much. Hold Fast, friend.