When i was 5 in 71 i was sent to catholic school r

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist Reacts to Daddy By Korn
when i was 5 in 71 i was sent to catholic school run by the church a lot of us got abused back then when i told my mom and step dad i was told they would never do that i was making it up I am not the only one but i had to run away when i was 14 to a different province 5000 miles away it kills me a little more when i hear it happening today i tried to get help two times and never got any just do group they keep telling me you don’t talk about that in group I went to the first one

1 Like

Hi friend,

I am proud of you for opening up about your experiences as a child. I am so sorry that this happened to you in the first place, and even more so that your family did not give you the support you needed in those times. It is always so frustrating to hear how some adults will dismiss what their child is telling them, and completely ignore the urgency of the situation.

I am glad to hear that despite that outcome, you kept going on and explored other avenues to obtain the resources you need. Even though groups may not have worked for you, I have no doubt that other options may be more successful. I have to admit I am not personally familiar with the dynamics of group therapy, but perhaps looking for those that are specifically centred on abuse may be a good start. However, if possible, I would consider individual counselling if ever that is something possible and appealing to you. You would definitely have more liberty in terms of what is talked about, which from what I gathered was the main downside with the experiences you’ve had so far.

Know that no matter what you are so strong for pushing through despite everything that has happened and I admire your resilience <3 I truly wish you all the best, and will be here to listen if you want to share more

i went through 9 years of that hell off and on all the time being called a fiber i worked i was 16 in the oil field when i turned 54 i found out i was very sick my heart was only working at 25% my lungs only had 30% percent life left . my thoughts now on the subject is not a heathy one i hated every min i was alive but Faught to keep working i have nothing now every thing goes to medicine if you know anyone that that is happening to weather they need the help or not you have to step in and help any way possible i will not live long enough to get the help i need i only have 6 months of life left so i been told maybe it for the best at least my pain will be gone thank you for listing i enjoy your reactions very much thank you steven @@HeartSupport

Hey friend thank you so much for sharing about what happened in this Catholic school when you were young. It is absolutely awful that children are subjected to that kind of hurt, violence, and abuse. You never deserve to be treated that way, and you never deserved to have you voice being ignored when you try to get help. Not only you’ve been hurt but on top of that you had the courage to speak out, to ask for help, and you were only met with ignorance, rejection, stigma, and shame. While you were never at fault for any of what happened, and you certainly was not it fold for trying to get some support.

I too was abused when I was a child during several years and somehow I understand how much these kind of wounds can affect you even as an adult and throughout your life. It is so hard when not only you have to deal with the pain that was inflicted to you the memory of it, but on top of that to have to feel the injustice of not being heard when you need it to. You were just a child, you did everything you could to survive and you succeeded in surviving. I know it doesn’t feel like healing and there are many steps still to reach ahead, but I just wanted to extend my love to you and lay you know that I see you, I hear you, I feel for you. What you’ve been through is something that no one should ever have to experience. You are courageous and I’m so thankful that you chose to share your voice today in these comments section. I hope you can feel the love that is present in this community. You Matter very very much.