Why am I even trying with college

I don’t even know why I’m trying anymore.

I obviously CANT DO IT.

I FAILED my first semester and I’m FAILING AGAIN.

It’s just a freaking waste. IM NEVER GOING TO AMOUNT TO ANYTHING.

I FREAKING SUCK. I HATE MYSELF SO FREAKING MUCH. IM TOO FAR BEHIND SO I HAVE TO DROP MY BUSINESS CLASS.

I DONT EVEN HAVE A JOB.

IM JUST SO FREAKING WORTHLESS AND A PIECE OF TRASH.

2 Likes

Hey Lyss,

I completely understand how you are feeling. I know for me, college was an absolute struggle and I failed the same class 3 times and another class 2 times. Lets just say math isn’t my strong suit. I considered dropping out because I was just so over it. Like you, I started beating myself up and just being really mean to myself about it all. So I understand. But I want you to know that even though you are feeling at a loss with college and failing your first semester, that does NOT mean that YOU are a failure. I know its frustrating and hard not to take it out on yourself but you are not a piece of trash. College isn’t easy. So know that you are working really hard and doing what you have and persisting is so wonderful and takes a lot of strength! I know you can do this. You have what it takes! YOU GOT THIS.

Hold Fast,

Hannah Rhodes

1 Like

No, you’re not. Quit beating yourself up. If you need to drop out then do it. I did. Doesn’t mean it won’t be difficult to go back. I plan to.

You just need to figure out the circumstances, triggers and what you did that made it difficult to complete the assignments in the class. Then the next time around put in measures (try to) to prevent a repeat.

1 Like

Honestly, college is not for everyone and that is OK. My best friend is a brilliant individual with so much talent, just not in academics. He struggles super hard in school. Just know that just like we are different because we all like music that is not mainstream, we don’t all have to be college grads to be worth something in life. There are countless people in life who have done amazing things and have made a life for themselves without a college degree. You got this! Fight the battles worth fighting. Love you! Hold fast!

1 Like

I have been there where I am struggling with classes and trying to do my best and hating everything about it. It is suppose to suck but what makes it bearable is who you have with you. College is not for everyone and that is okay, you don’t need college to be successful there is more to being successful than a ton of money. Find out what you are passionate about and what gets you fired up. If business is not your thing maybe it is science, or medicine, or art or music.College is also a time where you are trying to figure out who you are and what you want your life to be about. It takes time and that is okay. Do what is truly going to make you happy and what is going to get you fired up. Stay strong you got this.

1 Like

Lys, you’re amazing. Always been. College is cruel sometimes. I failed quite a number of times at it. Failing a class doesn’t make you a failure, it only means that you haven’t succeeded yet. And when you try again, you don’t start from scratch, you continue from what you learned last time, which will make thigns easier this time. You still can make it. <3

1 Like

Lyss, i was feeling the same way when entered college few years ago. I couldn’t find any job for a long time, had to buy essays online, my life was full of stress and loneliness. However, with the flow of time great opportunities became visible.
As for me you’re not worthless, you are just different therefore you may feel yourself this way. Being different is normal, this means you are unique. Continue your college studies, the knowledge and certificates obtained there will help you much in the future! Be patient and learn as much as you can, sooner or later you will be rewarded for that.

2 Likes