Why do i feel pathetic

I’m in high school and i feel like my existence is a waste of space, i feel like i’m boring, not doing anything fun or exciting. I cry about the most trivial things, things that shouldn’t matter too much, but thinking about how i cry to stuff like getting bad grades, making my parents sad, or just messing anything up makes me feel like i’m even more pathetic. I don’t want to die, too scared to accept it, i feel like i’m not only wasting my time, but wasting everyones time. Wasting my families, my friends, teachers, anybodies time. What do i do to make myself not feel worthless? How do I stop crying from stupid things? How do I make a difference in my own life? Why do i feel this way?

2 Likes

Finy, calm down. Take a deep deep breath, hold for 4 secs, let it out. I know how you feel, I am in high school as well. I know you don’t feel like anything matters, and that everything is basically pointless and like you are wasting your time on everything. I know, I worry too much about my family, my grades, and my friends as well. Listen, if you feel like that, I urge you to please contact an adult or a friend to release bottled up feelings like that. You’ll stress yourself out if you don’t open up your heart and let it all out. You are NOT a waste of space, You’re a beautiful person who deserves as much love as anyone in this world. If you don’t believe me, ask you’re TRUE friends and family. Even pondering helps. I CARE about you as well, even if you don’t even know me. It breaks my heart to see someone that can’t see anything perfect and unique about them because I have been in your shoes since 6th grade. Let me tell you, talking about it with someone REALLY helps, and you feel slightly better. I do yoga and it relaxes me completely. I have a challenge for you, social media is not the best, and it can tear you apart, piece by piece, I do a social media challenge where I go without texting on Instagram or Snapchat… etc. for 7 days… I suggest your try it. Just think about it Finy…

2 Likes

Thank you Emma, what you said has really helped. I talked to one of my friends and he’s been helping me with this whole situation. I don’t really use social media, i feel like a waste of space because i just don’t do anything worthwhile. I feel like i don’t have an ounce of effect on the world and people around me. Sometimes I wish my parents were less strict, i feel like if they were i would be doing so many different things, most of the things being stupid, but fun too. I grow up in a family with amazing people, and i’m here just doing ok, in school and in life. I wish that my dad didn’t say things like “you don’t have a life” when he gets mad, i know he doesn’t mean it, but it makes me feel even more pathetic. I’m thankful for the words you have said to me, thank you for being a wonderful person. Ill talk to more people about it. Thanks for everything.

1 Like

No problem Finy, just don’t listen to your dad, he is just stubborn, and short tempered to say that. He really doesn’t mean it. I know you’ll be in good hands and have people help you. Just in case if something goes wrong, hit me up and i’ll help you thaw out your icy situation. You actually do have a life Finy, don’t let the negativity fill your heart with nonsense, your a bright person and can handle things pretty well. Be different! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Finy

Hello. Nice to meet you. Welcome to the community. Here, don’t feel judge or hated. HeartSupport will do their best to love you. What you are going through is normal. Everyone here has gone through it. High school or after high school, we thought about it. Don’t let those thoughts get to you. You are loved by God, your loved ones, and this community. If you want to share more, this forum is open for you. I hope you are pressing on. Thank you. God bless you.