Why do I mostly have bad thoughts?

Everytime I’m alone and have time for my mind to wonder I always think negative. I think about past situations with friends, current situations with people, I think bad about myself as a person. It never stops and it’s never anything good. I get so worked up!!! Friends that have wronged me really affects me and I sit there and think things up and make them seem worse than they are. This happens especially in the morning and that pretty much makes me start my day off in a horrible mood. I feel like in life I have taken alot of stuff people have said to me and done to me really personal and it really affects my life because I day dream alot about telling these people off. Does anyone feel the same way or have any advice for me? I don’t ever think about good times. It’s always that one time someone did something to me and I can’t let it go. Help please???

2 Likes

Hey @Mooseman,

Thank you for reaching out. It sounds like your mind tends to race a lot and focus on the negatives. I can imagine that is really draining. I had a season in my life where I was the same way. I would dwell on things and hold grudges because I felt wronged. I was angry for a very long time and I didn’t like it. So I started to realize that what’s done is done and living in the past and thinking about all the times people had wronged me was stealing my joy in the present moment. I decided I didn’t want to let the past and the anger control me anymore because anger and negativity really does take a lot of energy! Since you mentioned that you tend to think a lot about the negatives, maybe you could write down 3 things that you are thankful for each day? That could be a good start in sort of combating those negative thoughts.

Hold Fast,
Hannah Rhodes

2 Likes