Why…

From okamilord: Why has everything gone to shit especially since my dad left i hated my dad that isnt even the worst part it’s after September everything went to shit… i stopped being interested in rps from my fav rp person and it sucks and i met a new rp person I rlly liked but now they barely talk to me and say they are on “rp break” it does piss me off since it feels like an insult im trying to repair the relationship in rp with my favorite person but i cant get anything going anymore… i feel hopeless i need help…

2 Likes

Hello okamilord

I’m sorry that you have been having struggles with your family life and father. I don’t have all the context for it, but it sounds like its not a great situation. If you would like to share more about that, please feel free to do so.

As for your RP stuff, I’m not sure what type of RP you are participating in, but I think it would be important to try to find solid friendships/relationships outside of an RP setting. The only RP things I am familiar with, are the ones in games like GTA/Garrys Mod, and I think that in the end, to a lot of people, these are just games. So I never really expect any situations from them to lead to anything long lasting. I think that if a friendship is formed through the situations that these friendships can lead to a longer lasting experience. Where you continue to game with them in the future, but the RP scenarios themselves I often feel are temporary and short lived. As they are more of someone’s hobby, not something they are taking deeply serious and personal. Although for others it may be. So I would be careful investing too much of my emotions into a situation that could be, in the end, a very temporary one. When your RP interests are not going the way you would like. Do you have other interests you could fall back on, outside of the RP?

Hey Okami,

Thank you so much for reaching out here. It sounds like you’ve been experiencing quite a lot of frustration and disappointment lately. I’m sorry that this has been happening, especially as it is connected to both people you appreciate, and to a hobby/passion that fuels your heart. When you feel so invested into something, and when relationship feel so very meaningful to you, almost as if they were completing you, it’s really hard to not feel hurt or betrayed somehow. It’s like you have these expectations set but they can’t be met because of factors that are out of your control. It is almost like there is this fire in you that knows what to do and how, but you are prevented from the possibility of even trying, because it can’t be done with the people that matter to you. Yes… that is terribly frustrating! It’s understandable to feel the way you do.

On their end, it sounds like your rp friends are prioritizing other things in their life, or other relationships, which is absolutely okay too. Somehow, it doesn’t indicate anything about you, or of the quality of your relationships together. They have the right to decide for themselves what they want to do or not, when, and with who.

I hope that, somehow, this struggle and frustration can be turned into an opportunity to let go of the things you cannot control, and to embrace your passion for RP regardless. It may not be with the “right” people at first, but who knows there may be some cool people to meet out there too?

Hold Fast,
-Micro