Wish I could magically change

I wish I could just take a pill or something that would magically change me, like my personality and the way that I think, I really dislike the way that I am.

5 Likes

Actually something similar to that exist. But to achieve that, we need to accept how we are and we should love ourselves. :3

3 Likes

It’s hard for me to do that.

2 Likes

Yeah I know it must be hard. Everything about mental health is hard to do mostly. But we can’t give up. Because you matter. And we care about you.

2 Likes

Yeah I’m just so confused about everything and myself and I don’t know how to change or make myself better.

2 Likes

What is it that you dislike exactly about yourself? So many times we feel like we hate ourselves entirely, while if we look deeper, we can see that there are specific thoughts that we have stuck in our mind, and it is those that we need to learn to work on. :hrtlegolove:

2 Likes

I hate the way I look, I hate how weak I am, I hate how unconfident I am, I hate that I’m never talented enough.

2 Likes

hi friend,

i followed your thread and responses to our friends E and Micro. when it comes to how physically strong you feel, that is an easy fix with enough determination! lifting weights and focusing on specific muscle exercises can buff you up and unlock new confidence if that is what you’re aiming for. with the way you look, i’m a true believer that it is what’s on the inside that really shines but i know that’s not the kinda thing you want to hear. would a new haircut help with your confidence of appearance? that usually helps me when my hair gets too long with split ends but after a haircut, especially ones that change up my whole style, i feel so much better. as for talent, practice truly makes you better at whatever you choose to focus on. whether it be drawing, editing, sports, public speaking, etc., the more you do it the better you’ll get! i hope these lil’ thoughts could help, my friend. when it all comes down to it, you are loved, valued, and enough. always. hope to hear from you soon and please let me know if there’s anything i can do to help you practice on the talents you pursue!

love,
twix

1 Like

Hello friend,

I am so sorry that you are feeling this well. One thing I want you to remember is that everyone hides behind filters & other editing tools, you are capable of so many wonderful things & you can continue to learn things about yourself & the world around you.

If you have something that currently piques your interest, find the time to learn more about it & honing in your skills in that particular hobby. You can do it. I believe in you.

You are important. You are strong. You are valid. You are enough. You matter.

-StarFox :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Hi Friend, Thank you so much for your post, I can completely relate to what you have written and I think probably 90% of the population can too, I think we all have things we really don’t like about ourselves and some of us dont like ourselves very much at all and of course that magid pill doesnt exist beyond plastic surgery for looks so I wonder if the better idea is to focus on the things we do like and work on the things we dont lke as much and try to impove them? The more you do the things you are not very good at the better you become and you can change your personality by working on the things that make you happy, sad or anxious to change how they make you feel. every action has a reaction. you just have to learn to change the reaction. I think you are gonna be just fine, dont put too much pressure on youself. Much Love Lisalovesfeathers x

2 Likes

@lonelyfreak, I think your feelings are actually quite normal in some ways. It seems to be part of being human to see what we think are faults in ourselves much more than we let ourselves see the wonderful in us. I suspect we rarely see ourselves accurately or as others see us. I wonder why that is? And why is it hard to love and accept ourselves for who we are? If there are things you truly would like to change about yourself, I think it means taking an honest look at oneself and deciding to make small changes a bit at a time. That seems to be the way lasting change is made. I suspect there is far less that we would all think you need to change than what you are thinking. Although I would love for you to become more confident. And that I think, will come with learning to love you for who you are - and that is someone is pretty darn special and unique. There is no one else who can be you and you have a special place and purpose in this life. You are loved!

2 Likes

Hey Lonely,

Sounds like you have a pretty bad case of… being human. I am sure you’ve heard it a hundred times… that we all have flaws that we dislike about ourselves. We could be in better shape. Wish we were a bit quicker with coming up with a joke. Better skin. Fix our teeth. Higher confidence when talking to someone we think is cute.

I mean, there are entire industries built around exploiting our wants to change who we are. Cosmetics, fashion, and plastic surgery are fueled by that. And let’s not even start on how social media is built around portraying who you want people to think you are, instead of the actual human being you are. We are constantly flooded with images and messages like that. I type all of this to say… what you are feeling is very normal. Don’t be ashamed of having those feelings.

You are enough.

2 Likes

I’m balding so no hair cut will make me feel better

I don’t really see what’s special about myself.

Even though I’m almost 30 years old it’s normal to still think this way.

This topic was automatically closed after 365 days. New replies are no longer allowed.