Wish i had money to donate it said to comment on a

This is a topic from YOUTUBE. Reply as normal, and we will post it to the user on YouTube.

Belongs to: Therapist reacts to Sick Boi Ren
Wish I had money to donate. It said to comment on any struggles. Feel free to stop reading if you wish now.
I’ve lost both my parents in the last 5 years. Divorced during the pandemic. Lost a nicely paying job I was at for 13 years due to the pandemic. Have been lost since. Nothing feels right. Battled anxiety since my earliest memories.
Now, I was just cut from another company due to workforce reduction (lovely way they put it, yeah?) just when I had put in my first year and would have had access to unlimited therapy sessions. Which I was looking forward to do. I need them.

Now, I have no job. Enough cash to pay bills for 3 maybe 4 months. Have received dozens of “not pursuing you for this position” emails. My house, my future, and my life is on the line. If things don’t work out in the next few months I don’t know where I’ll sleep. Pretty embarrassing for a 50-year-old man.

And I have no one to talk to.
If you read this far I pray (to God, the universe, to whatever makes you feel better) you are doing well. You are healthy, happy, and prosperous. Know that life is ups and downs and neither are long term.
That’s what I’m telling myself. Things will work out. This too shall pass.

All my best to you all.

1 Like

Hi friend,

I am truly sorry for your losses and all the rapid changes you have experienced in the past years. I know things may not be easy right now, but know that you are not alone and that you will always be able to talk to us if you’d like. We may not always have solutions, but we are always here to listen <3

I want to say though, that I admire the way you are approaching everything you are facing. You are right, things will pass, things will get better, and you will work things out. I believe that as long as one keeps believing that at some point days will get brighter, it’ll eventually be the case. It is all about perspective (as simple as that may sound), and you are so strong for keeping a positive outlook despite what you have gone through. I also wanted to emphasize that nothing is embarrassing about your situation - life can turn on any of us at any given moment. You are doing the most you can with what you have, and that is only something to be proud of.

I wish you all the best with what comes next on your journey, and will be here to listen if ever you want to share more <3

1 Like

“Workforce reduction” is definitely lovely way to put it… Way to say that somehow you were not valuable enough to be kept around, and that your value would be tied to your production. At the very least, it’s surely the perfect way to make you feel like s*** as a result and question who you are.

I’m really sorry that you’ve been facing so many losses in your life, especially in such a short amount of time. From people that you love, to your job as well, that’s a lot to process. With the pandemic that happened in between, it must certainly feel like obstacles are just piling up over an over and you never have time to pause and breathe properly. It’s like being in the middle of the ocean without anything to hold on to, and you’re just expected to ride the waves coming at you as best as you can. You do your best to survive but then you see the other waves coming and you wonder somehow ifthe next one is just going to hit you harder or not.

It’s hard to feel hopeful when life makes you feel so helpless. That somehow your efforts and actions would amount to nothing and wouldn’t make any real difference in your trajectory. It feels like battling against forces that are ten times stronger and that’s just not fair.

You are right though, even if sometimes it certainly feels like the opposite, things will work out in the end. Not out of pure magic of course, and this is not wishful thinking. But because you are taking action towards bettering the situation you’re in. It’s hard to see the other side of it right now because you are in the middle of the storm. But you are not meant to be stuck in this situation for the rest of your life. - that is a certainty. I’ve been myself in this kind of never-ending loop for a couple of years and it was so hard to feel like things could get better. Ben through personal losses and unemployment too, which felt like hitting such a deep and dark pit. Having hope for myself was the most challenging aspect of it all.

I promise you that there’s nothing embarassing in what you are experiencing. It’s not your fault. It’s about a series of events that were out of your control. And what I see is that you are only trying your best to get back on your feet, to get the support you need as well, which is nothing but inspiring and encouraging. I hope things will really work out for you, and hopefully really soon. Keep us updated, okay? I’m surely rooting for you, friend.

@@HeartSupport I sincerely appreciate the kind words from everyone.

How I tried to keep the “you’re worthless” internal dialogue from cratering me I thought I may feel buried right now, but it’s not buried. I’ve been replanted.

Through hard work, resilience, support, and not allowing myself to give up it watered that replanted seed.

When I changed how I talked to myself I ended up obtaining a new job with great possibilities. This has lessened the burden to a degree.

I just need to keep watering my new self.

1 Like

It’s good to hear about how things have been improving - well done for nurturing this seed and letting yourself grow under a beautiful sun. It’s strange how pieces of a puzzle can seem to appear and fit easily once we nurture a kinder spirit towards ourselves. May you keep growing - your growth is beautiful!

@@HeartSupport Thank you. If it wasn’t for my ability to post from my soul originally on here I’m not certain my mental paradigm would have shifted.

Thank you for this channel and all you and everyone involved do to help people struggling with mental health or any issues. Having someone, even a stranger on a YouTube channel, to simply acknowledge someone…it means so much.

Thank you.

1 Like