With autism I'll always be stuck in isolation not being able to communicate (quotes that have helped me)

And I’ve come to realize, after 40 years of this, there is no one that can possibly help me on this planet, and this has all driven me to Jesus in desperation. As painful as this road has been, craving friends and family, craving a wife, craving a church to be around people but I can’t because I’m too broken to function, and stuck in this prison of my mind…

I thank Jesus for music, I’m here because I found August Burns Red and other bands like Demon Hunter, Wolves at the Gate, and they are helping me keep going and dealing with my frustration.

I also want everyone to know that no matter how bad it gets, even if you are in an actual prison and facing death, Jesus is enough. He really is right there with you and often it takes going through really bad things before our materialist idols in this temporal live that aren’t leading us to Christ are stripped away, and we realize He’s all we ever needed, and all we ever want.

“You can never learn that Christ is all you need, until Christ is all you have.”
– Corrie ten Boom

“I’ve experienced His presence in the deepest darkest hell that men can create. I have tested the promises of the Bible, and believe me, you can count on them. I know that Jesus Christ can live in you, in me, through His Holy Spirit. You can talk with Him; you can talk with Him out loud or in your heart when you are alone, as I was alone in solitary confinement. The joy is that He hears each word.”
– Corrie ten Boom

1 Like

“When a man’s eye is closed on Christ and the eternal world, he cannot stand the shock of his afflictions; but if his eyes clearly see Jesus, you may take away houses and lands, his dearest earthly possessions, his loved ones, still his chief treasure is untouched.”
– Robert Murray M’Cheyne

“Who can comfort us in our afflictions? None but Jesus. He knew deeper sorrows than we have ever known, or will ever know. His heart is not made of stone. He feels with us. O afflicted believer, commit your weeping, suffering and trembling soul to Jesus.”
– Robert Murray M’Cheyne

“O child of suffering, be thou patient. God has not passed thee over in His providence. He who is the feeder of sparrows, will also furnish you with what you need. Sit not down in despair. Hope on, hope ever. Take up the arms of faith against a sea of trouble, and your opposition shall yet end your distresses. There is One who careth for you. His eye is fixed on you, His heart beats with pity for your woe, and His hand omnipotent shall yet bring you the needed help.”
– Charles Spurgeon

“Judge not the Lord by feeble sense, but trust him for his grace; behind a frowning providence He hides a smiling face. His purposes will ripen fast, unfolding every hour; the bud may have a bitter taste, but sweet will be the flow’r.”
– William Cowper

I am thankful I’m like this, I’m thankful I’m not a normal happy person with friends and a family and a 10 million dollar boat having the time of my life but not knowing Jesus.

“O my Lord Jesus Christ, if I could be in heaven without thee, it would be a hell; and if I could be in hell, and have thee still, it would be a heaven to me, for thou art all the heaven I want.”
– Samuel Rutherford

1 Like

It took Him stripping it all away, and every day is still so painful, but I don’t care, I have to get to my King. This is all worth it, it sometimes hits me how filthy rich I am in Jesus and how much He loves me to take it all away because I probably wouldn’t have given it all up on my own. I wanted this world for a long time, I wanted the pleasures and to have fun, I wouldn’t have found Jesus on my own.

“It would seem that Our Lord finds our desires not too strong, but too weak. We are half-hearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us, like an ignorant child who wants to go on making mud pies in a slum because he cannot imagine what is meant by the offer of a holiday at the sea. We are far too easily pleased.”
― C.S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

The best book ever besides the Bible:

“Pray to God for gladness. Be glad as children, as the birds of heaven. And let not the sin of men confound you in your doings. Fear not that it will wear away your work and hinder its being accomplished. Do not say, ‘Sin is mighty, wickedness is mighty, evil environment is mighty, and we are lonely and helpless, and evil environment is wearing us away and hindering our good work from being done.’ Fly from that dejection, children!”
– Fyodor Dostoevsky, The Brothers Karamazov

“I believe there is no one deeper, lovelier, more sympathetic and more perfect than Jesus.”
– Fyodor Dostoevsky

“Believe to the end, even if all men went astray and you were left the only one faithful; bring your offering even then and praise God in your loneliness.”
– Fyodor Dostoevsky

And here I am, alone, I want out of here, I want this all to be over; but I love my King, and my spirit is strong, my soul sings. I see the paradox in all of this, the low road really is the way to the Kingdom. I am worried for most of the world that isn’t on this path.

“The darker the night, the brighter the stars, the deeper the grief, the closer is God!”
– Fyodor Dostoyevsky

1 Like

Thank you so much for sharing all of these quotes here, @AKaramazov. I’m so thankful that you took time out of your day to write them down here, especially if this has been a useful outlet to you personally. I’m sure this is going to be inspiring to people who may resonate with you spiritually speaking.

PS - You may have autism and have a hard time with communicating, but you are breaking down these walls of isolation by being here today. You’re changing the narrative that things should be a certain way, or would be doomed to stay the same forever. Thank you for honoring this community with your presence.